Friday, February 12, 2016

Becoming the norm

First of all, super stoked that the Broncos won! Our recent convert Alex texted us and told us they won. I was pretty happy haha. Anyway, this week was pretty long. and fast. We started the week with intercambios...or splits with the sister training leaders. It was super fun! i left my area and I realized how grateful I am for my area. It seriously just feels like home. I mean I am coming up on 5 months in the next couple of weeks. intercambios are just super great. I learn so much more. It's a lot of work for those sisters but they have a big impact on the rest of us. We did 2 different things of service that day. it was nice to mix it up a bit. The 2 services were cleaning. seriously I don't understand why people don't clean. its kiiiiinda gross. I'm happy to do the cleaning because some of these houses desperately need it haha.I talked a bunch with the sister i was with and we just laughed and laughed. the mission is fun too...who knew? ;) 

Right now we are struggling to find new investigators. we are kind of at a plateau (is that right? I really don't know haha).  we are finding people and then next thing you know they are sending us a message on Sunday saying that they talked with their pastor and he said they cant go to our church (true story). People these days. Always asking everyone but God. If any of you are wanting to know if this is the true church, all you have to do is pray and ask our heavenly father. i promise he will answer. 

Anyway, we had our zone training and it's always fun to be with a group of missionaries. we talked about repentance. Before the mission I always felt like it was a heavy topic but now it's probably one of my favorite topics. just because it changes lives. It's incredibly hot here. It feels like summer every day. 

Oh the thing that is super exciting this week is that we had another BAPTISM!!! WOOO. Our mission leader told us that it's becoming the norm to have a baptism almost every week. I wish it was the norm but I think we are done for the next few weeks. Yolanda is our convert and everything went super smooth this time. everyone gave me the thumbs up. very successful. she has been prepared and she shared her testimony and just wow. so happy for her! the 2nd convert I've seen progress since the beginning. I love that feeling. The converts/members/investigators are my family and I just love them all so much. love the mission.

That was my week in a nutshell. i hope you all have a great week and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY because that's on Sunday haha oh fun fact, I finished my first journal 100%. I have never completed a journal . That is a success itself. Love you all!

Hermana Cross

Yolanda's big day and me
Mondays = Pizza Day!
our white board full of info of the area

No comments:

Post a Comment