Friday, March 18, 2016

52 emails to go!

Happy Monday!

This week was good! As usual,  just working super hard. The weather this week was nuts. It was like
my first week here. A TON of rain. But the worst part (and was actually really fun) was that there was a crazy amount of wind. I felt like Dorthy in the wizard of oz. Hermana Meza and I were braving the storm. Our poor little umbrellas were on the brink of breaking. I wish I had a picture but I was too busy protecting myself haha. It's always fun to have a day a little out of the ordinary. The wind continued for another day or so. Enough that schools were cancelled and kids went home early. The zone leaders called us saying that if there wasn't light in our area we had to go home....but...we had light. We just continued working hard! The Lords work doesn't stop because there's a small (huge) breeze. 

Anyway this week brought good news and bad news. The good news is that we found a new investigator. She seems to have a ton of potential. We taught her twice and she assisted a baptism with us! it wasn't our baptism but we brought her along to see really what a baptism is. That its nothing crazy weird. Unfortunately she didn't go to the church. other commitments or something along the lines of that. But it's all good. We will just have to wait and see where this will all go!

Okay some unfortunate news. We thought we were going to have a baptism this week with 2 kids. 13 and 8 years old. We called president to check if we could still do the baptism (because turns out the mom really isn't a less active like we thought). He said no. No because there isn't anyone that will support them until they go on a mission. I understand that. Now is our chance to convert the whole fam. It's a small set back, and a little hard when we have seen change in the 13 year old, but I know it's for a reason.

That has pretty much been my week. We hit up the ruins last monday again and it was super fun! learning more about the culture is great. It's called Teotihuacan if any of you are interested in looking it up :)

This week I complete 6 months in the mission. I cant believe it. Just a shout out to every single one of you that supports me and prays for me. I feel the love that you have for me! love you all!!!

Hermana Cross

Lots and lots of pictures this week. 










No comments:

Post a Comment