Tuesday, March 22, 2016

It's a small world after all

Wow this week seriously is hard to remember. a lot of the weeks are like this. I promise that
my memory still works it's just a tad difficult in the moment. Well after I sent the email to you all, I headed to a zone activity. It was super duper fun. got a little bit soaked from water balloons but when you live in Mexico, every day is like summer. Also I ate tacos for the first time. real actual tacos. Sorry taco bell but you don’t understand what Mexican food is. These tacos are the bomb. Seriously sooooo goooooood. I ate about 9 – NINE! The only reason being we paid 90 pesos sooo sometimes you make the best of what you paid. I also ate cow brain without realizing it. So that’s probably something new and exciting in my food experience.  I also learned at the activity that I cannot win a watermelon eating contest. it's definitely not my talent haha.

Anyway back to the work of the Lord. I've learned quite a few things this week. And by a few I mean a lot. One thing is the importance of focusing in your investigators needs. Sometimes you plan that you’re going to teach about family home evening and then you show up at the lesson and feel you need to talk about staying firm in the gospel. when you teach according to the needs, you are teaching a person, not just a lesson. Super great to have an experience like that. 

This week we all know I completed 6 months. WOOO!! seriously don’t understand. I still feel like I only have 3 months under my belt. Nothing incredibly awesome during that day. We just ordered pizza because why not?! 

One lesson we had this week we were teaching an investigators grandma. Next thing we know another investigator showed up. Get this. THEY ARE COUSINS!!! We met them at completely different times and holy cow how small is this world? You can be teaching cousins without even knowing it!

Okay, I'm going to be honest. There was a tad bit of frustration. We don't have progressing investigators. None. Zero. Nada. It's rough. Our leaders have called us telling us the same, that we need to work harder and asking why we don't have progressing investigators. We had a small bit of miscommunication, BUT we worked it out and it's true, when you have small conflicts or disagreements, you end up loving the people even more. I know they are here to help us out. leaders are here to support us. help us grow. A moment of reflection is what it was. 

We are just working hard to find new people. trying to find the pearl of great price. the people ready to live and accept the gospel.

I know the Lord has a plan for my companion and I in this area. I read in the BOM this week a scripture that really hit home. It reads:

And behold, I have given you the law and the commandments of my Father, that ye shall believe in me, and that ye shall repent of your sins, and come unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Behold, ye have the commandments before you, and the law is fulfilled.

All the Lord wants is us. All of us. I know Christ is our Savior. He is the light and life of the World. I love Him and will forever follow His ways.

If you get a chance, watch this beautiful video. It will touch your heart I can promise you that.   https://www.mormon.org/easter/hallelujah


Love you all!!
Hermana Cross

You want me to do what?
You sure?
Okay...here I go!
YUM!!!
Watermelon!
Splish......
Splash!!


No comments:

Post a Comment