Saturday, April 23, 2016

Hills Galore!

Woo a full week completed here in Actopan 2! Where do I even begin with this week? Hmm well it's
Utah or Mexico?  IDK
absolutely 100% blazing hot. I am dying a little bit. I don't think I've sweated so much in my entire life just walking in the sun. the good thing is that I don't feel one bit embarrassed about how I look. It's the reality and blessing of the mission. I know if I have a smile on my face and preach with the power and authority we have as missionaries, all will be fine and the people will accept no matter how drenched I am haha.
 
The days have been slow. I think in the beginning of transfers, your'e just trying to get used to everything. New people. New Streets. New neighborhoods. New investigators. The thing about transfers is that you have to be willing to give all of your heart to that area. All of your heart to your new companion, so that you can be in unison. I think it's the moment in the mission when you can reflect and see if what you are doing is helping you change. It helps your see how much youve changed. you learn and just keep going. Time is incredibly short, but when you are focused in the work and in the Lord, everything works out for the better. 

We have bikes in this area but let me tell ya, there are HILLS GALORE. 30 minutes of exercise has not prepped me for this area. Oh man it is something else. This literally is the weight loss program of the mission. Straight up. I know I said that last time but holy cow I don't think I've hurt so much in my body. I need a chat with a professional cyclist to tell me how its done. 

We are working right now to find new people. We have taught a ton of people. This area might have been a little dead but we are on the rescue to help revive it. Contacts and references and jsut trying to find new people. This area is huge. One recent convert lives 20-30 minutes by car from our house. And our district meeting is about 40 minutes to an hour in a bus. woooweeee how crazy fun?! No but really it's fun because we get the opportunity to teach everyone who is on the bus with us whether they want to listen or not is their choice but we are going to teach the truth to EVERYONE!!!! There are areas super duper pretty. I wish I could just show you all. Pictures don't capture the same great view. 

This Sunday was the first one here. I felt the spirit super strong in sacrament meeting. the hymns really just penetrated my heart. Oh man it was just incredible. Heavenly Father knows how to comfort and heart in need. It's been a little rough. There's no lying about that. BUT I know that God has not abandoned me. I know that he will help me through all things. My companion is a champ. I seriously think I am learning more from her than she is of me. Also she was a lawyer. Seriously how awesome! I'm just amazed by this girl haha. We are getting along just great and I see a lot of success in our future. 

I hope you all have a great week. I know that the work can be hard, but when we keep our eyes focused on the Savior, he will lead us and guide us through. This church is true. I know it. I cant deny it.

I love you all!!!

Hermana Cross

Cactus
A Catholic Chursh
Mormon missionary and catholic church. not a problem right?
Not 100% sure what this building is but it's basically like the one in Washington DC



No comments:

Post a Comment