Tuesday, April 5, 2016

#ldsconf April 2016

OOOOWWEEEE what a week!! Super duper crazy fast. Everything here is just lickity split. So much is happening here and I know a crazy amount of stuff is happening there in the states as well. Shout out to alll those who are getting ready to finish your semester. Stay strong. You can do it!

Anyway just going to hit some of the highlights of the week! I have discovered that I donot know the bible that well. A member came with us to help teach a girl whose mom is a JW. She wants a lot of the answers from the bible and well yeah I need to work on that area of my gospel knowledge. He whipped out a ton of scriptures and just gave her the truth. Obviously without contention but did a really good job helping her feel the spirit too. Thanks ex missionaries for always giving us an extra boost haha

We had our last district meeting as well this district. We were all trainers and trainies. We are starting week 12. I cant believe it. How is it possible? who knows! It's most likely that this is my last week here in Los Pinos. Oh man I cant express how grateful I am for this area. I have truly learned to love the people. I was born here and the amount I  have improved is incredible. I can only really give credit to God for that.  Our cambios are next Monday but we'll know this Sunday. Im a bit nervous but I know there are more people the Lord has prepared for me in another area. If it be his will to go, you bet I'll be there doing his work.

We ate with our 2 investigators and their mom this week. So kind. But I seriously felt like it was my first week again because they were talking about food and everything that wasnt in my vocabulary. It's a nice reminder that I still have to study to improve even more!

Thursday we ran into some interesting people. We contacted a person who believes in La Santa Muerte. Scary stuff. Definitely something to advoid 100%. I would take a picture of a giant Santa Muerte but it's not respectful and in all honesty it gives me the heeby jeebies. Also saw another old contact. We went to go teach him for once and okay here is something that just makes me feel like a terrible person. usually we shake hands normally. He knows that. Its always been that way but this ONE time he did a hand shake with a kiss on the cheek like normal people. We do it with women but they are WOmen! it came out of no where. usually I'm 100% prepared with a stiff arm but when someone knows better, I assumed it wasnt necessary. Boy was I wrong. I was in shock.my companion was in shock and We were like joseph in egypt and fled that place. no worries mom. we are NOT going to return. People are nuts. Like HELLO we are representatives of Jesus Christ! People don't touch me. 

Anyway, this week was super wonderful with general conference. I would love to mention a ton of 
things I learned but I actually didn't bring my little notebook. I encourage all of you to watch it if you didnt get the chance or if you fell asleep because it was super duper fantastic. I know that when I return the temple will be the first thing I visit. How blessed we are to have a place to be protected from the world. I am so grateful we have a living prophet. I sustain him and support him. I believe his words and those of the apostles because I know there are the words of God. 

Oh yeah finsihed the BOM just before we left to watch conference (yes in english) and completed the missions goal! I know that book is true with all of my heart. 

I hope you all have a great week!!! love you!!

Hermana Cross

THE END
The District
#Squad

No comments:

Post a Comment