Sunday, May 22, 2016

Alcoholics Anonymous

Wow another week has come and gone? How is this even possible? I can't believe we will be starting our 6th week in this cycle. Almost done with the 2nd half of training. Ahhhh the mission. So wonderful!
 
This week a lot of things happened. It's possible this email will be a little scattered but hang in there with me haha .
 
We are still on the search to find people who are ready to act and dedicate a little more of their time to the Lord. It's really interesting. People will tell us they want to learn more about God and they want to become closer with Him and then they turn their backs on the only true gospel. Sad isn't it? But it's all good, we will just keep pushing forward with faith! In the beginning of the week we had a lesson with an older man and when we were teaching him, he basically fell asleep. I looked at my companion and we almost started laughing. It was like talking to a wall. Poor man, he just wanted his nap. Sometimes the word of God soothes the soul....and creates the perfect nap atmosphere hahaha. We also visited a reference from a less active family. Wow. SUPER SHRINE. I have never seen so many Virgin de Guadalupe in my entire life. Like little pictures of her in all places. And like half of a table filled with shrines. He was like "LOOK! I have three bibles!!"....hahaha People make me laugh. 
 
The sun was killer this week. I got burned....again. I probably should but on some sunscreen. But I just sweat so much (sorry tmi) and it just doesn't do me any good. So I bought some magic cream...really don't know what...and it works! So I found the magic pain reliever. But even though it was super hot, It poured rain for 3 days. Hot then Cold. We were drenched. It's an adventure. It gives me a strike of energy. Enough that on Sunday we were basically running...okay yes we were running...to our house so we could arrive on time. Probably wasn't super safe but we made it! I sang "We are the champions" as we entered the house with 5 minutes to spare. 
 
We contacted a lot this week. One day we contacted 16 people....no one accepted but one contact told us that she felt the presence of God when we talked so that was enough for me! The people can recognize the difference and that just makes my heart happy. There are also people who don't want to accept. We taught an older lady in her little store,. When we finally got to the point of leaving a Book of Mormon she said to us "No. I don't want anything with the Mormons. I will read your pamphlet but I don't want your book." My heart broke. She denied the fullness of the gospel. When my companion said the closing prayer, I felt a feeling of peace and love. I knew the spirit was confirming to me that what I said and what we preach is true.I know without a doubt the Book of  Mormon is true. 
 
We were in the final countdown again one night and it was pouring rain. There's an Alcoholics Anonymous to the side of our apartment and they were having a party of some sort. They invited us in to eat a taco and I have never felt so awkward. I couldn't stop laughing because they were all just looking at us strangely. Just imagine, 2 young sister missionaries in an AA room. They probably thought we were going to convert them all. We also saw our investigator there (how awesome shes working on her problem) but she booked it right after she saw us haha. Turns our with her, we helped her know God...but helped her go back to her own church. It's all good. At least we helped her take the initial leap. 
 
Well to end this long email, yesterday we finally sat down with the other sisters and the bishopric to make a distinct line between our areas. It has only taken 5 week to get there but we finally have it settled. We can only hope and pray that we wont have anymore problems with areas. We just have to be patient. Work hard even when the day seems to be going down hill. "There are no hard areas. Only Hard missionaries" I think of that quote often to remind me that this is the Lords work and I need to be dedicated to Him and be willing to act according to his will. I don't think we will have cambios this upcoming cycle but who knows! Stay tuned!! I know this church is true and God will help us in every moment if we humble ourselves and ask for his help :) 
 
love you all!!

Hermana Cross

Trying to take a cute companion pic
Trying to take a cute companion pic 2
The District
We helped a cute sister make fabric roses for all the sisters for Mother's Day
The sisters of the district
Finally, a picture that turned out okay..hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment