Saturday, May 28, 2016

The change keeps coming

Hello! 

Well this week we had cambios. and guess what? I'm in a new area with a new companion!...AGAIN! I cant believe I left Actopan 2 after 6 weeks. Definitely not enough time. Actopan 2 was a character builder more than anything. Before I go too much into heart touching detail about Actopan, I'll share with you the happs :) 

I'm in an area called San Juan Tepa. It's a pueblo. A very small town. When I told the members about
Hermana Mori and I
where I was going, oowee their faces said it all haha I'm just going to embrace it. I'm now a sister training leader. This means I will go on division or intercambios with other sisters. We have a a total of 6 companionships. So lots and lots of intercambios. I'm going to be honest here, I don't feel capable to be in such a position. I know there are a ton of other awesome sisters out there but I know God wants me to do this. It´s crazy what I've done in these past 8 months. I've been trained. I trained. I finished training and BAM here I am in my 3rd area. My new companion is Hermana Mori. She's from Peru. We had an intercambio once together so we'll see how this all plays out. Trusting in God is the key to success. 

We had a super awesome zone conference and the last one with president Egbert. i'm bummed guys. They are super great people. With us, they had us sign a commitment letter. A letter that has a list of things we will do after the mission. For example: read the scriptures and pray everyday. Keep the Sabbath day holy and ask for a calling immediately. Be a missionary everyday not just these months. And things like that. I really enjoyed it. i learned that many of those things I didn't do before the mission. I know now that I am going to be better at keeping the Sabbath day holy. Really put aside the world for one day. Oh man I just LOVE zone conference.

The rest of the week was just normal haha. Nothing new and exciting. One day we walked 40 minutes in the blazing hot sun to get to an appointment because we missed the bus and we were int he middle of no where haha. We have met some interesting people as well. An older lady that asked what virgin we come from. We tried to explain to her that Eve was the first mother or woman on earth so technically we come from her and eve from adam and adam from God but she just couldn't grasp the concept. She was just lost. you gotta feel bad for her. Even though we answered the question of her soul she didn't recognize it. What a shame really. 

The other sisters of Actopan had a baptism. it was really great. While he was changing into his dry clothes, we watched a Mormon message video. This video just penetrated my heart. it was about Christ and in that moment, an overwhelming feeling came over me that I know Christ is the savior of the world and that he lives! I know it. And it is a privilege to be a representative of him .

Okay now here's a little of the mushy gushy stuff. In Actopan, I really didn't like it in the beginning. I'm not lying. i didn't want to be there. I didn't see the potential. I was lost in my own selfish needs and desires. I wanted it my way and forgot the way of the Lord. As time went on, I came to realize that I needed to have a change of heart. I needed to love where I was and serve the people. here is a list of what I learned in Actopan 2: 
I learned.....
To love everyone even when not everyone feels the same way 
to be patient. With myself, my companion, the other missionaries, the ward and investigators 
to respect the agency of others 
to offer service. not only offer but also receive service because it is the way to feel the Christ like love of a person and strengthen your relationships
that biking and walking up lots of hills only gives you legs that looks like legs of a man 
the importance of being a member of the ward and not just as a missionary 

The list goes on and on but I know that the Lord has blessed me with many opportunities and I am beyond grateful for every area i'm in. Have a great week!! Love you all!! 


Hermana Cross
The Egberts :>
Her girls remind me of Despicable Me
Luis Diego is going to be baptized this Saturday
A kind sister from the ward
We have puppies for our neighbors!
Did I mention we have puppies for neighbors!
Our little house that doesn't actually have a bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment