Friday, June 3, 2016

Land of the Flies

hello hello!

Wow another week. Let me tell you, it's been a long one. But at the same time fast. Who knows! I sure don't haha. This week was good. Just starting to learn this little pueblo and figuring out the happs over here.

To begin, here are some details about San Juan. First of all, it is BLAZING HOT. oh man I
San Juan
thought I sweated a lot in the last area but man was I wrong. And there are more hills over here. what a blessing in disguise...well I have to see it that way haha. In the beginning of the week I didn’t even use my sheets as a blanket. And oh man when it rains, it rains HARD. Not only rains hard, but also the lightning touches down over here. I always just laugh because the situation is just funny. Two sister missionaries biking in pouring rain. okay maybe it sounds like "oh poor sisters!" but in reality it's crazy fun :) The flies, there are so many flies. Flies in the house. Flies in the stores. Flies in every lesson. Flies. Flies. Flies. AND they are flies that bite. Little boogers I just want them all to die or go bite someone else. My legs have a good solid amount of bug bites. it's because there are a ton of canals over here and it's heaven for all of the bugs. so it's a normal lesson if we are all swatting the air and slapping our legs and arms haha very reverent I know :)


Facts of living in a pueblo:
1. i crashed on my bike but didn’t have a single scratch because I didn’t fall on the ground.
2. I almost got bit my 2 giant dogs. It was dang scary
3.Sometimes your old ward has activities with your current ward and you get to see old members
4. One of the little puppies next door almost died from eating poison but the neighbors went into action mode and poured milk down the puppy’s throat and cut a piece of his tail off. sounds cruel BUT HE LIVES!!! 

There were some good moments this week. We are teaching some people but they all seem to have some sort of challenge. Some with marriage and their divorcement, others with their time and the politics that are happening. Yep here too they are crazy about their politics. We just want to help this little town grow and progress but satan is holding it down. We'll just have to work harder so they can all be baptized!

We met some new people and something that I learned is that Christian people know how to pray. They really look deep into their heart and pray with all of their energy and might. It helps me see where I need to improve. We pray all the time. Every morning. every study. every lesson. Every moment. Sometimes it's easy to forget that we need to pray with how we feel in that exact moment, instead of the usual day to day prayer. Also I have come to enjoy every moment we are biking. I think the blessing in disguise is that we see so many of God's beautiful creations. We met a less active and he said "i believe in God because everything is too perfect. Every part of us has a purpose. It's too perfect to just come out of nowhere" In that moment I thought of the hymn How Great Thou Art. It truly is a beautiful world. I know God lives because I live. During the week we talked with different people who dont believe they can be forgiven 100%. My heart breaks when I hear that. The atonement of Jesus Christ is infinite. He has suffered, bled and died for each and every one of us. it is possible to feel free from sin. Free from the weight of guilt. he wants to take our chains of heart ache and sorry. He is the way to true happiness. I know without a shadow of doubt that Jesus Christ lives. That he loves us. He is the only begotten of the Father. 

Have a great first week of June!!!
Hermana Cross

The district
San Juan
San juan
cool stuff that you can find

Face off!
San Juan
The District
Cool stuff you can find


No comments:

Post a Comment