Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Right to Invite

Hello hello lovely people!

wow another week come and gone and to be honest again I don't remember a lot. i feel like every time I say that I end up writing a ton but I'm a little short on time today so I don't think it will be supery de duper long. this week we had our leadership council. that was super awesome! the first one I've ever been at. I felt like it was my first day of school when I moved to Utah but instead of feeling sad, I felt SUPER PUMPED! it was so cool seeing everyone and seeing a few old friends. Basically the council is the zone training we have the day after. It's like a training before the training. It's super spiritual. Like man you just know that we all have some serious work to do and the Lord trusts each and every one of us. it reminds us of who we are as missionaries and as leaders. President hits those points pretty strongly. it helps us know that we are more than just a missionary with a title.

Something that stood out to me in the council was actually something that wasn't planned. We were eating our delish sandwiches and I wandered over to talk to sis Egbert and pres Egbert. I was telling sister Egbert that Cassie was getting married (congrats Cass) and we talked a bit. She asked how I like San Juan. I could only saw "well...it's pretty!" she then encouraged president to tell me the story behind San Juan. it will be a quick summary. Way back when when president arrived, he had to close down a few areas. he asked everyone which one he should close and they all said San Juan. So he closed this area. Back then it was a branch. he promised the branch president that if they worked hard, they would become a ward, have missionaries again, and have success. (talk about a true promise of a representative of Christ!!). Any way, 8 months later, pres put Hermanas here in San Juan. they had baptisms 9 months straight!!! That is dang rare here! the branch became a ward and all is well. President then told me "So Hermana Cross, that is why you are in San Juan. Don't believe what others say about the area. it's all in their heads". BOOM!!! It hit me hard. i knew it was inspired. maybe it didn't hit my comp the same way but for me, it meant everything. LETS GOOO SAN JUAN! 

hmmm another highlight of the week. we had our first intercambios or divisions or idk what it's called in English. i was with an American. it was fun! i seriously feel so blessed to be in this position. I LOVE helping the sisters. More than that, they help ME! I am beyond grateful to do what the Lord has asked of me. I know there will be lots of blessings for the Hermanas and me in the future.

There have been a lot of people who have been inviting us to their church when we invite them. We have to gently tell them that we cant as missionaries. One lady was all worked up about it and sad "well I will listen to you if you come and pray to my virgin maria with me in the catholic church" LIKE WHOA!!! i think lots of people have forgotten the 2nd commandment. But it's chill...people have the right to invite. that's why we do it ALL THE TIME!! :)

Well that's a bit of what happened.! love you all!!!

Hermana Cross








No comments:

Post a Comment