Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Slip n Slide

Hello lovely people!

Another week come and gone. I can´t even believe it. the work of the Lord flies by. No joke. its dang awesome. I just want to be here forever haha. i actually love my area. Who knows why all the people before said it was bien chafita which means a big bummer deal haha. i saw some great things happening in our area this week. And some fun experiences :) there are always fun experiences to share haha

This week we had 2 intercambios. okay here's the thing folks. as sister trainer leaders, we really don't
have time. It's a struggle sometimes because all I want to do is read my scriptures but the hermanas need us more than my own selfish desires. But these intercambios were a blast! I was lucky enough to stay here in San Juan. for the first time without my companion. Well I was worried I wasn't going to know where the lessons were but i did! super success! on our first intercambio, it poured rain. and I mean it DUMPED rain. It's always fun because all the people say "you're going to get wet!" but its all good because the work of the Lord stops for nothing! but when we pulled over on our bikes to put all our scriptures in a bag, a dang car passed through a giant puddle and SPLAH! yep I got drenched from behind. wow it was something else haha. all I could do is laugh. in our other inercambio I as with a sister whose name is Hermana Cruz! MY LAST NAME IN SPANISH! i never thought he day would come when i would work with an Hermana Cruz she's newer and a little timid. and fun fact, she doesn't know how t ride a bike. our area is meant for bikes because everything is soooo far. but she was a trooper and wanted to bike. we made it almost to the end of the day on separate bikes but in the end, i carried her haha. man it is not easy biking up hills with a person on your pegs hahaha totally worth it though.

With my own companion, we had some good spiritual experiences. i really learned a lot form the spirit. I can honestly say that the bishop really does have the authority and power of god. the bishop went to  a lesson with us and man I just wanted to listen to him. It was the best. the spirit was so strong and it was a true reminder that the spirit is not something super loud or strong, but a feeling of peace and comfort that creates an atmosphere of learning and growing. it was awesome. also, this week we had new investigators in the church! We had 7 people there! A family of 4 and other individuals. guys i cant tell you how happy that makes me. A true miracle. Miracles are happening in San Juan.

And for he last fun experience, on Sunday we went to pass by for an investigator. i carried her on my bike again... but there was a ton of mud. she hopped off and WHAM! i fell. BUT I didn't get any mud on my skirt so that was a bonus. the entire time i thought " NOT MY SKIRT NOT MY SKIRT" and it was all good. just a little scratch on my hand and a sore shoulder but it was hilarious. that investigator will never forget her first Sunday hahaha





Well that was basically it! just remember the scripture
"cuando el espiritu llega al corazon, el corazon cambia"
or in English its something like this:
"when the spirit reaches the heart, the heart changes"

Love you all!!

Hermana Cross






No comments:

Post a Comment