Sunday, May 15, 2016

Seeing Old Friends

Hello hello!

Wow what a week. Lots of small things happened that end up making the week super great. Nothing jaw dropping or immensely powerful but let's be real,  the mission helps us realize that the blessings we receive are small and simple. They don't always jump out in front of us or scream in our faces "I'M YOUR BLESSING HELLO!!" God works in mysterious ways. He knows what we need and when we need it. 

This week I met some people who have unfortunately let Satan into their lives. They are people who you can see are hurting so much on the inside. it makes me feel sad to see these people suffering with pain and sorrow in their hearts. But at the same time I rejoice because I can help them understand the atonement, which will heal them more than they can understand. One man has problems with drugs...enough that he ended up buying some in the middle of the lesson. He left for a short moment, returned and showed us. At times like that I don't even know what to say. But little by little if he allows it, the gospel of Christ will bless him. The other sister, has the problem with alcohol. She has said her faith has died because of the bad things that have happened. We went and visited her again and hardly taught anything. And before I knew it, my companion not only invited her, but committed her to stop drinking. We didn't even teach the word of wisdom or anything as such. To my surprise, the sister accepted. She accepted the invitation to change. Change is the biggest miracle of them all. 

We all know that I've changed areas but we had intercambios again and I got to visit villas de pachuca. The area next to my old area. it was nice to be in Pachuca again. We were just walking along a street when suddenly I saw a member who is the husband of my recent convert Yolanda. We were catching up and so many things have changed. He was inactive before but now he has temple recommend and a calling as the mission leader! I was so dang happy. Then Yolanda exited the store she was in and when she saw me she said "OH CROSS!!! CROSS!!!!" We ran and hugged one another and she gave me a giant kiss on the cheek. I have an enormous love for her. A true blessing from the Lord. 

We have been searching a lot for new people and well little by little we will find the ones who are prepared. We cant rush through the work. We have to be patient and work as a team. We had more success in our numbers of the week. Although we didn't have any investigators at church, we had almost all of the recent converts at church and less actives. Another blessing of the Lord. 

I gave a talk in sacrament about the mothers of the 2000 stripling warriors. Even though there are only 2 verses about these incredible women, we know they were prepared spiritually and taught with certainty that the Lord can do all things if we do not doubt.   

I thought of the scripture this week that reads "wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and those who are not of the world" 1 Nephi 6:5

We can live in the world without being part of the world. We can follow examples of those in the scriptures and do the things that are pleasing unto God.  

The gospel of Christ changes lives. I am beyond grateful to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord and be a representative of Him. I love you all and thanks for everything!!!


Hermana Cross

Long bus to Pachuca
Intercambios......again
Hermana Haddock..WOOOO CCM Comp

No comments:

Post a Comment