Thursday, September 1, 2016

Better than Cake

Here we are again. Another Monday! I hope your week was just as great as mine! 

There was a lot of good experiences this week. and some that weren't super fun...but we'll get to that in the end haha. 

To start, my birthday was super good. My companion made me some pancakes and sang to me. Also
the member we ate with made my favorite food (mole verde) and we ate cake. Also that day was jam packed with lessons! That was the cherry on top. And to make that day fun and different, I had a great start to the day with a contact. We met some guy while looking for a reference. My companion told him it was my birthday. So what did he say? "Felicidades!! I don't have a cake but do you know whats better than a cake? A HUG!!!" and he went in for a giant hug. I did all I could to avoid it but I just stayed still while he gave me a hug. He said "Jesus hugged everyone. He's going to be mad with you because you didn't hug me" That just made me laugh.  

So what other things are "better than cake?" Well let me tell you!!!
  1. meeting twins by accident and meeting their cousin...and all 3 have an interest in learning about the gospel...with a super powerful prayer that started it all'
  2. the first intercambios of the new cycle. Knocking on a door and finding new and accepting investigators.'
  3. When a young couple (a 18 and 19 year old with a 1 yr old baby) finally accept to get married so they can be baptized. Now all they need is to go to church! And realizing for your self the importance of families and the true plan that God has for me and for each and everyone of us. 
  4. Feeling the spirit so strong while teaching a less active family about eternal families until the point there are tears in every ones eyes. I left that lesson with true hope that they can become active again 
  5. Understanding the atonement even more. Reflecting on the giant impact it has had on my life in these past months here in the mission. 
  6. Being able to defend the truth. I felt the need to talk to a guy outside of his house. When we started talking with him, he was trying to argue with us that we really don't know who Joseph Smith was and bash on the church, but we testified our guts out. I left wondering why the Holy Ghost prompted me to talk to him...but then I realized it was not only to help him, but to help me strengthen my own testimony.I know that this is the true church and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. 
  7. WE HAD A NEW INVESTIGATOR IN CHURCH AND HE NOW HAS A BAPTISM DATE. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVERRRRR 
  8. We had stake conference and I saw a ton of people from my area Actopan and an investigator that never went to church but now is going with her husband!! The work continues! 
  9. A member of the 70 talked with the stake about how we need to prepare more and become a more righteous group of people. Prepare our children who will be the future members of the church. He had the little primary children of the stake sing "love one another" and I mean wow. My heart was filled with peace and joy and I had major tears. The spirit testified so strongly that we have more work to do. 
  10. And the last of all that maybe isn't super great or better than cake but a fun story to tell. Soooo I might have maybe thrown up for the first time on the mission....but in the street. There were a few drunks coming close by while I was sending a message to Sis Kimball. They were asking to use our bikes and I thought "Don't come close because I'm going to throw up" and then walked away......and yep. I called it a day after that. But my angel companion helped me out :)'
That's all I've got my friends. it was a fantastic week. Thanks for everything!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Hna Cross 




Hey I'm 20!
New outfit!
Hey Piggy-piggy, come back!
Comps - blue and blue


No comments:

Post a Comment