Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Once in a Lifetime Experience

Holy smokes where does the time go?! Is it even possible that I'm writing yet another email?! wowowow life is crazy!

First of all, MUCHAS GRACIAS for all of the birthday wishes. Crazy that I'm turning 20 right? so pumped to have this birthday here in the mission. The best birthday gift I have been given is the confidence the Lord has in me to be a representative of Jesus Christ and proclaim to his children the true and restored gospel! Oh what a blessing it is!

This week we did an incredible amount of travel to Pachuca. A general authority, one of the 70's from the 1st quorum, visited our mission. Elder Pino is his name. Man was that awesome or what!! It truly was super duper crazy awesome. In this special conference we had, he focused a ton on our calling as missionaries. He used a comparison of 2 mission calls found in doctrine and covenants. The only difference was the name used but it specifically says the call was personal. He explained to us that the calling as a missionary is personal. The Lord has called me, Hermana Cross, to be a missionary. The Lord trusts in me, an imperfect person, to declare the perfection of the atonement of Christ. I have learned in these past months that the Lord does not expect baptism after baptism from his servants. He expects a lot from us. But He does not leave us alone to do His work. We are but instruments in his glorious work.

In that same conference my companion and I were called on the spot by elder Pino to do a practice in front of all the missionaries, him and the mission president. HOW NERVE WRECKING!! But it was so awesome. I felt so in harmony with my companion even though we only had 1 whole day together. The spirit was strong and we invited these 2 "investigators" to baptism. We searched their needs and invited again. I felt a love for these people very quickly even though they were a senior couple and serve in the offices that played a part. The spirit is real in all situations. But that was a once in a life time experience really haha.  

The following Friday we had a special leadership counsel in which Elder Pino presided. Talk about a powerful counsel! he really dug into the scriptures and we studied them together. We applied them, and we felt the power of the Holy Ghost.More and more in these days, I've felt the power of the holy ghost. And that He not only brings happy feelings to our hearts, but understanding. And that's what I love. He testifies but helping us understand the scriptures. 

We've been searching a lot this week for new people. No one went to church, but without a doubt I know we will have success this cycle. I know it. My dad reminded me that we as missionaries are not only harvesters, but also planters.I couldn't agree more! This work is glorious. It rains a lot, sometimes we fall on bikes (as did my companion this week...and my bike fell on me), people reject the beautiful message, and we get tired. But I know with out a doubt this church is true. Jesus is the Christ. We as missionaries are His representatives and we will do what ever it takes to help those who do not know Him. I love this work. I LOVE IT!!!!


1 Nephi 17
15 Wherefore, I, Nephi, did strive to keep the commandments of the Lord, and did exhort my brethren to faithfulness and diligence.
 51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men,how is it that he cannot instruct me, that should build ship?


The Lord can do all things. Even help us "build a ship".

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!
Hermana Cross

Sometimes the outlets don't work so you pull out the sketchy way to cook rice
A couple of scratches...my companion might have fallen very hard on
her first full day in San Juan (I'm on the right with my battle wound)

No comments:

Post a Comment