Saturday, August 6, 2016

Confidence Boost

Time is really fast. And time is really short today haha. So I'm going to jump right into the good stuff.

Well there wasn't a lot that happened this week. It was strangely a normal week. I feel like I've never had a normal week. Its strange as well because we had 2 intercambios but who knows haha. This week just flew by. Without a doubt. There were some cool experiences though. 

We are still teaching Elena and Cesar. The only bummer deal is that they don't want to accept a baptism date. They went to church yesterday and they stayed for all three hours this time! That was super awesome.The 2 of them have more confidence in us and in the lessons. That's super cool. They participate more and are more interested. Also, Elena´s son actually sat down for an entire lesson!!! That has NEVER happened. He has a small (large) problem with drugs, and has always avoided us and never really talked with us. But a miracle has happened!! He now talks with us and listened for the whole lesson. It made me incredibly happy. I also held one of their new baby goats. That was fantastic. 
 
here are just some other fun facts of the week:
  • a catholic woman invited us to attend her mass so we could eaat the barbacoa she was making
  • people take our contacts as a joke...but oyu just shake it off and keep contacting!!!
  • for the first time ever we had 3 different members join us to visit
  • I gave an unprepared talk in church. I talked about the phrase "Lord, is it I" and well....maybe I gave the ward a little bit of a strong talking...oops! But really we need to look at our own faults instead those of others  
I think that's about it! Sorry everyone probably one of the lamer emails haha but I love you all!!!


Hna Cross


No comments:

Post a Comment