Friday, July 29, 2016

Speak kind words...Recieve kind echos

Hello lovely friends and family of mine!

I hope you all had a spectacular week. I know it was an eventful one for my fam. Shout out to my big brother and sister law for GRADUATING COLLEGE!!! WOOOO. Wow talk about a huge accomplishment. so proud of you two! and well all of you! your'e a great bunch of people. 

Anyway just going to hit you guys up on the highlights of the week! We only had one intercambio this week because we had our interviews with the president. So those were normal and nothing out of the ordinary. We'll just jump ahead to the great stuff :) The first interviews with President Kimball were this week. A little different than from what President Egbert did but they were still cool and spiritually uplifting. He testified of Christ in our interview. He told the story about Jesus when he washed the feet of the 12 Apostles. The then asked what that meant for me. I finished my answer then President asked me "Will you give me permission to wash your shoes?" I was a little startled but responded that he could. It was a moment of silence as he kneeled down and washed my shoes. I cannot explain what I felt. I felt a love. A feeling of dedication. A feeling of peace. The spirit was present and it witnessed to me that Jesus is the Christ. He loves us. And he will do anything for us. 

After I went with my companion and Sister Kimball to visit all of the houses in our zone. Only because Sister Kimball still doesn't know Spanish that well. I had to translate and holy smokes. My English is TERRIBLE! I basically don't remember anything. I forget that it's possible. And poor sister Kimball some of the time I replied in Spanish without thinking about it. So look out USA, you're basically getting another foreigner in the future haha

And last of all. the BEST part of the week. We visited some of our old investigators and they have never accepted to go to church. It's a goal of the zone to talk about the sacrament and focus on that. So we decided to only talk about the reason we go to church: the sacrament. When we invited them they said..... YES!! so then we had to confirm on Saturday that is was the real deal. They confirmed it and wait for it....wait for it.... THEY WENT TO CHURCH!!!! WOW GUYS I'M SO HAPPY! After the lesson with them I was literally grinning from ear to ear. probs made it super obvious but I was STOKED! Seriously. We've waited about 7 or 8 weeks. The Lord does answer prayers. Sometimes it just takes time.  


i love this work. I love the Lord and I love the power of the sacrament. When we truly understand why we go to church, we will never want to miss a Sunday. Thank you all for well everything! LOVE YOU!!!! 

Oh to and to explain the title. when we really are speaking with a heart full of love and with a sincere desire, we will receive the echo. We will see the work progressing

Hermana Cross

Reaching the Cerro
Comp and I
The best "missionary" dog.
He always follows us around with a ton of energy to do the work!
Did I say I love doggies!
73% milk?  and the other parts...?
My trainer met a good friend of mine
(Elder Riley McClure from Fort Collins).
What a small world!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment