Friday, July 1, 2016

Reaching New Heights!

Hello everyone!

Wow what a week! I cant believe we are starting another one. This following week is the last one in our cycle. super speedy fast right? I can't even comprehend it. Also it's super awesome that my cousin Will (shout out to him) has finished his mission with honor. I'm so lucky to have great examples in my life :) 

This week. Hmmm let's just hit some of the high lights!

We decided to discover some of the colonias that we never have visited this week. WE just kept
The Super steep hill!
biking along a dirt road and all we saw were corn fields. corn and more corn. We then reached a little town and asked someone where we were. Turns out we reached our area limit haha. We then biked A TON! and a lot of it was up hill haha. We ended up climbing up a super duper steep hill. I swear I could just go climb a mountain now. These people basically live in one. we found some people to teach and they are super good! The Lord does prepare people...even the ones that live super far away. I'm super glad that my comp had the spiritual prompting to visit that area and even head up the super hill...because I really didn't want to. The spirit does talk to us, we just have to listen!

Also this week we had our last intercambios and last studies. It's been a good learning experience. I guess we'll see if this all continues next cycle!  

We have met some interesting people this week. For example a super christian. She was a contact form the beginning of the cycle and wow. She has her own church and she was just going at it. Just attacking us hard core with her words. She said Jesus wasn't a prophet, that we have all we need right now, that she has met with Mormons before and said, and I quote, "I prayed and the holy spirit testified to me that your church isn't true." I just wanted to say "what holy spirit are you talking about? I'm 100% sure its not the right one" Sometimes I think Satan wants us to crack and give up. But you know what Satan? I KNOW THIS CHURCH IS TRUE. It's a blessing to have such knowledge :) 

And last of all, our family of gold went to church and they are going to baptized on Friday (if the interview goes well). I'm super duper stoked! They are prepared to accept this wonderful gospel. I love them so much. And a new investigator went to church! Even with her 3 little ones. It just shows that if you truly desire to know, you will act without excuses. 

We talked about forgiveness on Sunday. It was a beautiful topic. I love forgiveness because I know Christ has atoned for us so that we can be forgiven. I know the atonement is real and I feel its healing power daily. I invite you all to read and ponder on the scripture found in 3 Nephi 13:14-15 

Have a great week!!!

Love
Hermana Cross


Chubby Bunny!
The Traditional Pic
Love this District of mine!
Inside of a Combi
The Catholics have a festival to celebrate Sanito San Juan
Fireworks and music all night long - we live a block away!
The canal is just a little gross!
Smiling even though we were dying up the steep hill!



No comments:

Post a Comment