Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Better than Super Powers

Another week in the glorious work of the Lord!

it was a good one. A super fast one. Time is FLYING. But without a doubt it's because the work is AWESOME. Hmmm well it was so fast that I hardly remember what happened. oops! sometimes that happens (a lot of times).   

This was our first week having intercambios. Man I just love intercambios. It's a great chance to see the other sisters, leave the area, see the progression in other parts and learn new things. An experience I am beyond grateful for. In these intercambios I learned that the spirit guides us a ton. The spirit is crucial in missionary work. We contacted a reference and well her husband died about a week ago. What a blessing it is to just tell someone that there is a perfect plan that God has made for us. Seriously it's the best. Also that even when someone isn't in your plans, if the spirit says "Go there" we go there. if the spirit says "Go here" we go. The impressions are not huge. They are small. Very very subtle. We passed some girl in the street and I just felt I should contact her. It wasn't an experience super spiritual but she gave us her information and was open to the idea. So we knows what could happen. Even when people reject us, that person needed, for some reason, contact with the gospel. So that happened in the intercambios :)  

President & Sister Kimball with my comp and me
Also we had a change in the way we have our district meetings. The classes before, we would receive a super awesome letter from president and then we would learn something from that letter. But pres Kimball doesn't write letters. He wants us to have a class focused on our needs as a district. Let me just say that our district leader is super inspired. We talked about loving every person as a child of God...because that's what they are. We had pictures of our family and used them to do a practice contact. Pretend that we were contacting our family. it really opened my mind and helped me change a little bit more. But the best was at the end of the class.

Our district leader said that sometimes we need a priesthood blessing to help us in our areas and give us more hope. I haven't received a blessing since I left for the mission. We one by one received a blessing. It was incredible. Something so special. I knew Elder Fox was inspired because he mentioned somethings that I was truly hoping he would say. Without saying a word to him, he was impressed to say those things. The priesthood power is better than super powers. 

Really those were the things that called me attention this week. WE are having a hard time finding our investigators. But sometimes that's how life works. We have looked for some previous investigators and we will just keep working hard with our eyes focused on the Lord. Thank you for your love and support! Lots of love!! 

Hermana Cross

I love puppies!







No comments:

Post a Comment