Thursday, July 14, 2016

Hurricane San Juan

WOOO new week! there were some super great experiences this week.  

Yesterday was full of adventures. A normal Sunday in reality. Our investigators went to church so SUPER score. We taught them as well after church. just super prepared. Manual is kind of in a rough patch with his progress. His wife (well not yet) doesn't want to get married because of things that have happened in the past. But we have promised if he does what the Lord asks, she will have a desire to listen and get married. Also in sacrament meeting, we heard from some great talks...from who? THE FAMILIA CRUZ!!!! AHHH so awesome. love them. okay. now in the afternoon is when the adventure starts. We were far from the church and we needed to get there in 15 minutes. it's possible. but, we decided to take the dirt road path so we didn't bikes up hills. all was great. but then, rain. a little rain. then a little more. then a lot. then HAIL. all while biking. there weren't houses where we were biking. It was a little painful but I was just laughing so hard. partially because I was in my white skirt and it got covered in mud. it was a blast. But we finally pulled aside a house. The kind lady let us into her house. now THAT is a person who understands ¨love thy neighbor as thyself¨ super kind. it made me feel super happy. No worries mom, I went home and changed after so I wouldn't get sick. But it was seriously like a hurricane was going to happen. there's no ocean but with a  grody canal near by, who knows what could happen hahahaha.

We had our first leadership counsel with the new President. It was super cool. It was more talking and
participating than it was listening and writing. It was a neat change. We had it in the presidents house. Holy cow. It is a dang nice house. I just wanted to ask the stranger running in the neighborhood what he does for a job because wow.

We talked about the new motto for the mission. We all know that with Pres Egbert it was obedience with exactness and now its The Culture of Christ. What does that mean? well it means a lot haha. President Kimball is super loving and has a heart full of love for us and the Savior. And I'm super pumped for what will come in these following months.  

The Culture of Christ. What is it? Well, the focus of President Kimball is that the missionaries can have a true conversion. Yes, it is important that we focus on others and those we teach, but the thing is, we can teach and convert others, but if we ourselves do not become converted, we may live the same life that is not in line with the Savior and on the path to eternal life. Yes we helped others become converted but now in this time, we must also come to know our testimony of the Savior. 

These are some questions that have crossed my mind in the process of learning about the culture of Christ.
  • Is my testimony weak? or is it strong? 
  • Will my testimony last and stay strong even during my trials?
  • Do I focus on the Savior throughout the week? And in every moment?
  • Do I prepare for the sacrament and repent daily so that I am worthy to partake of the sacrament?
There are many more that you can make. But in reality, we need to focus on Christ in all we do. If we are members, we have promised that we will always remember Him. Sometimes we really do need to ask: what would Jesus do?

I just want to share my testimony with you all. It's simple. But I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know He is our Savior and He is the Savior of the world. Through the atonement we can be saved. I have felt the healing power of the atonement and I know for certain that God forgives everyone if we are willing to act. I feel the Savior's love every day. I love this work because it is His work. I say all of this with a smile  because His true gospel brings me a joy I cannot explain. I know this life is short, so we have to work really really hard so we can have eternal life (Moses 1:39). He lives! I know it! :) 

LOVE YOU ALL!!
Hermana Cross


No comments:

Post a Comment