Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Understood by the Famous

Hello hello family and friends!!

Super crazy but this week as flown by and guess what? We have had cambios! Yep you read that right! My 3 months with Hna Mori have come to a close and now I'm with Hna Quevedo here in San Juan. She's from the northern part of Mexico. the pattern of a non Mexican companion to a Mexican companion continues!! I'm excited to see what this cycle brings.

So this week is easily described by a famous song that we all know...Hot n' Cold-Katy Perry. And let me tell you why little by little :)

"Cause you're Hot n you're cold"
These past 2 weeks have been nuts in the weather. Super rainy one week and this week BLAZING hot. And I mean scorching. I have been sweating more than I would like haha. Mexico just doesn't want to decide.

"your'e yes then you're no"
This part I'm not super thrilled to be telling. If you've been keeping up with me you have heard a little about Cesar and Elena. Well, I'm sad to tell you that they have officially dropped us. We showed up at our lesson, planning to talk about marriage, but after verifying their reading they became quiet. We said the prayer and they began to tell us that they are going to attend their old church. There are some personal reasons that they don't want to attend with us anymore. It's heart breaking when I know they have felt the spirit and the truth of the message but they choose to deny it. It was a good run and I learned a lot from them and really did learn to love them from the Lord's point of view. 

There are some great people ready to learn though. Some old investigators that are seeing true miracles and seeing how the Lord works in HIS time. He has answered there many prayers. When you hear an investigator...or better said a couple who are investigators bare testimony, it just brings a special spirit that I cant describe. It's beautiful. 

"you're in then you're out, you're up then you're down"
As I was saying, this week was super hot. We had a ton of lessons with members. A lot of members don't have bikes...so here's where I come in and my bike saves the day. For 3 days straight I carried some YW on my bike pegs. And you got it. we went up all of those hills....then we got to cruise down all of the hills :)

I know it was just part of the song but I thought it was the best way to describe the week haha. I have felt super blessed in these past 3 months. I learned an incredible amount with Hna Mori. These changes come and they go. But the most important thing is that we enjoy every moment that the Lord has given us. we cant turn back time, but we can remember how we have used our time. 

Love you all!!!
Hna Cross


My granddaughter, me and my daughter
Last district class with the best district ever!
The Cruz Family!
Cambios.  The struggle of transportation
Hermana Quevedo and I


No comments:

Post a Comment