Saturday, October 1, 2016

Start Spreading the News

Hello hello lovely friends and family!!! Hope you all are just SOOOO great! I know I am!! 

Here we are another week in the beautiful work of the Lord. And I have some fun news! I have left San Juan and I am now in my new area Villas de Pachuca! I have returned to the zone Pachuca Sur...my first zone. I'm still a sister training leader but my companion and I are the senior sister training leaders. It should be a fun cycle! My new companion is Hermana Pineda. She's from the state of Mexico. SUPER awesome. I seriously wanted to be her companion and look! We are together :) I'm super pumped for what will come!

And well.....yeah I'm a tad bummed that I left San Juan. I can honestly say that I love San Juan with all of the my heart. After 4 1/2 months there it wasn't easy saying goodbye. Not only me, but also my companion left the area. So they closed San Juan but they put new sisters there. It's hard to leave at the point of progression. I learned an incredible amount in San Juan. And for that, I am so grateful with God for all of the experiencias He gave me. San Juan really does have a big part of my heart. And because it was a closing area, we had to go around telling everyone that we would be leaving. Saying goodbye never gets easier.  But the best part is having the chance to say many hellos after :)

This week was filled with good experiences. I have seen so much progress in many people. I have heard an incredible amount of questions of the soul. It just warms my heart that I can tell them "Everything you want to know, we have to share with you. And God wants you to listen." I know by those small moments that God is preparing people one by one. You just have to find them. They arent always going to have a giant poster saying they are the prepared one (and never have I seen that) but the Holy Ghost tells us and guides us to those who need it. And members are a HUGE help. They are the key to missionary work. So all of you members out there, I hope you are thinking of some people the missionaries can visit :)

This week I read in Jacob 5 in the Book of Mormon. I never really understand this chapter....but there were 3 verses that hit me hard. 

 21 And it came to pass that the servant said unto his master: How comest thou hither to plant this tree, or this branch of the tree? For behold, it was the poorest spot in all the land of thy vineyard.
 22 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto him: Counsel me not; I knew that it was a poor spot of ground;wherefore, I said unto thee, I have nourished it this longtime, and thou beholdest that it hath brought forth much fruit.
 23 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard said unto his servant: Look hither; behold I have planted another branch of the tree also; and thou knowest that this spot of ground was poorer than the first. But, behold the tree. I have nourished it this long time, and it hath brought forth much fruit; therefore, gather it, and lay it up against the season, that I may preserve it unto mine own self

I can compare these verses to San Juan. The Lord knows when life is hard. He knows everything. He works just as hard (and even harder) than us so that we can see the results in HIS time. San Juan strengthened me. San Juan gave me more than I gave. I know the Lord works in all parts of his vineyard. Just thinking that someone somewhere in the world is being baptized or going to be baptized makes my heart rejoice. It doesn't matter where we are, a missionary's work is the Lord's works and we are part of His vineyard. I know this church is true and God and Christ never stop loving us and will never give up on a part of his vineyard.

Have a fabulous week!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
Hermana Cross

Hermana Pineda
Hermana Quevado
Hermano...borrego (ha ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment