Thursday, October 13, 2016

The True Meaning

Hello family and friends!!! I hope all is well with you! Wow this week was so incredible. The work just keeps getting better and better! I didn't think it was possible but it is!!! And it passed by sooo quickly that I didn't even write in my journal but good thing our lives are so planned out that I can pretty much remember enough to write to you all :)

This week I learned the "true meaning" of many things. So here's what I learned.

The true meaning of...Love.

Wow. Love is a real thing. And I'm not talking about fairy-tale love. I'm talking about Christ like love. This week there were lessons soooo full of love that were just incredible. One of them was that we found a younger girl (25 yrs) who we've been trying ot find. In this lesson, we said a prayer for her. She was crying and the spirit just filled the room. We both hugged her and I cant even tell you how, but I could honestly tell her that I loved her. We shared tears and obviously shared the beautiful spirit that was there. She said no one has said a prayer for her for 4 years. SO LONG AGO. But her gratitude was incredible. Wow. It was amazing. Also, love can be just as small as realizing you feel what others feel because you see them with your spiritual eyes. Coming to realize this type of love can change your life because man it has changed mine!

The true meaning of...listening to the spirit.

In our intercambios this week, I had the chance to go to pinos! WOO my first area!!! At one point, we were going ot do an hour of contacting. We said a specific prayer and in this prayer we asked to find a woman, with a white door, who will smile while opening the door. My companion for the day stopped at a house. We knocked and bam! The 3 things were answered. ALSO this lady was someone I contacted almost a year ago! I don't remember her but she remembered me. It was amazing. A miracle really. She , her son, and daughter accepted baptism with a date. The coolest part was that her daughter walked in just in time for the baptism invitation and she accepted. It is evidence that the spirit will ALWAYS testify of truth even without hearing all of the lesson. Wow. So amazing!

The true meaning of...The Culture of Christ.

In the mission, we've been passing some difficulties with obedience and talking advantage of the culture of Christ. It's been a rough patch in the work here in Pachuca. We talked a lot about what we can do as a leadership counsel. There are strong opinions from every person. But we came to realize we need to put our focus again in the Savior. We have to again remember His ways. Remember why we obey. Remember that this is His work. That stuck out to me a lot. I am truly blessed to have have the time to understand obedience with Pres Egbert and now consecrate myself even more to the Lord with the culture of Christ as the motto of Pres Kimball.

I have never felt happier. I have seen true miracles this week. I feel the spirit every single day. I am beyond blessed to have a companion that is worthy of the spirit so that we both can be lead, guided and taught by Him. we have a lot of work to do here in Villas and we are going to have success. I just know it!!! I love you all sooooo much!!! thank you thank you THANK YOU for everything!!!

Hermana Cross :)


Thanks Cass for the scarves!
My buddy Herman Q!
Flip flop companionships
The new zone!
My convert Estephany!!!
Gotta love the American food that Sis Kimball
makes for leadership counsel!

No comments:

Post a Comment