Thursday, January 12, 2017

A member testimony

Hello lovely family and friends of mine!

What a week this was! I don't remember every single detail that happened but I will fill you all in. And it looks like I haven't been the best about keeping you all updated on investigators and recent converts and sorry about that! Sometimes I don't really organize my thoughts very well haha.  

This week was AMAZING....but I think every week gets a little better haha. Hermana Pineda and I had the GREAT opportunity to have 2 special members come do visits with us. These 2 members were the daughter in law and granddaughter of President and sister Kimball! It was AWESOME. It was so fun working with them for a couple of hours. It felt really different to speak in English with normal people but man it was so incredible. They don't really speak Spanish but that didn't stop them from sharing their testimonies. Wow guys, it's soooo cool to hear these testimonies from members. I am always flat out amazed at the conversion a member has. Their words penetrate my heart. Really they just get to me. I don't understand how, but it seems to be that members feel power from missionaries but we as missionaries feel the power of faithful and diligent members. Our hearts feel with love and joy as we hear the real experiences and testimonies that come from members of the church that want to live the gospel every day.  We all may speak different languages in the world but the one thing we all understand is the language of the spirit. He doesn't have a specific language but talks to all of us so that we can understand. And well that brings me to our investigators :) 

When we were with Tanya (daughter in law) and Haly (granddaughter) we passed by the house of our German investigator who speaks English. We thought it would be cool for the sisters to meet Jenny. But what we did not expect was the priceless visit it was for Jenny. She's great. has questions of the soul. She really wants to know the truth. So we just asked Tanya and Haly to share their testimonies. Tanya chose to testify of the Book of Mormon and while she did so, Jenny's eyes filled with light. She had a smile on her face and was just sooo amazed by Tanya's words. I too felt the truthfulness of her words. It was exactly what Jenny needed. After Jenny said "I believe you. I cant wait to say the same things that you do." WOW. SOOO COOL! The power of a testimony is just wow. And they weren't prepared to say anything specifically. We need to always be prepared to share a testimony that comes from our heart. 

Nancy, the golden investigator. Well we haven't seen nacy in these days. She went to church 2 weeks in a row and we saw her everyday, but yesterday she didn't go and we cant really get a hold of her. She was doing everything and very willing, but we did come to realize she wasn't fully understanding the restoration so we did many repasses and invited her to pray about it again so she can gain a testimony. We will continue praying and fasting for her so that she can develop this testimony :) Testimonies aren't huge and heart stopping, but a testimony is the start of conversion. A testimony is like a seed. We have to act in faith, believing we can know the truth. I don't think I've ever testified so much about this being the ONLY true church but I felt that it is EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

The Rodriguez Campero family (recent converts). They are doing great and all is well. They've been on vacation so we haven't seen them. Vero didn't actually lose her job! She continues to work her 2 jobs and Julio Sr is also working. They are progressing and continue to see the Lord's hands in all things :) 

Well that's all I would like to share this week. I'm happy and healthy and also working in some very cold weather haha. But I will tell you time and time again with love and with all the certainty I have that this is the one and only true church . I know Christ is the head of this church and he personally leads and guides us through his Prophet. I believe it. I know it. God lives and his son Jesus Christ lives. We can do all things if we just trust in God. Ask and it shall be given. James 1:5-6 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!
Hermana C


No comments:

Post a Comment