Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Made in Mexico!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

This year literally flew by. Seriously I can't even tell you all how FANTASTIC this year was. Seriously incredible. I can't believe we are starting another year. And I cant believe this year I will be heading home. Life moves way to fast. But I feel sooooo blessed. I believe you all know the famous saying "New year, new me" well I can just say amen to that because it's true. My goal last year was "become a Mexican"...maybe I am still 100% american but I feel like many parts of me were made in mexico. Let me tell you some of these things :) 

MADE IN MEXICO 
  • My testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Not only in the life of those I teach and love, but in my own life. The atonement heals. The atonement strengthens 
  • Legs that don't feel pain. I think the bike has fallen more on me than I have fallen off the bike. Maybe their a little beaten up but I'm good enough to walk and bike to PREACH THE WORD
  • Knowledge of the restored gospel. I definitely didn't understand the majority of the gospel until I actually began to live it 100% 
  • My second language. The gift of tongues has blessed me more than I can comprehend. Not only have I been blessed with Spanish but also to understand the universal language:the spirit. God works miracles in many people. The connection I have felt with the Mexican people has filled my heart with love and joy. 2 different worlds united in the same love for the truth .
  • Many many MANY eternal friendships. With members and with companions. I have ever felt so much confidence in my entire life. The love of Christ has been shown to me through these incredible people 
  • Trust is the Lord. I have always trusted in the Lord but I have learned that my heart should be given to Him. If we give our hearts to the one who can lift us in the hard times we don't have to question if he is listening or not because we know with certainty that he can help us 
  • A love for the Book of Mormon. Daily scripture has taught me that modern day revelation is real and that God has NEVER changed. He will be constant in my life ALWAYS 
  • A stomach that has survived all of the foreign food and the many full plates. Almost mexico has given me a bottomless stomach haha 
  • A true love for the people of Mexico. I love these people with all of my heart. I can say I have learned so much about the saviors love from these kind and generous people. 
  • And lastly, my testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ has become not only something I believe but KNOW. It is part of me. It is in my bones.No one can take this away from me. I know this is the true church. I will never get tired of saying it. It brings joy to my heart to know that God and Christ live and continue to bless me every single day through the eternal truth of the gospel :) 
I love each and every on of you. I am eternally grateful for the support you have given me. For your prayers. For your constant efforts to live better lives. Thank you. Thank you to God for making 2016 a year that has changed my life. It was incredible. And it has come and gone in a blink of an eye. 2017 I'm ready for you! BRING IT ON!!!  

Lots of love
Hermana C


No comments:

Post a Comment