Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Returning to the Fold

Another week come and gone! It was a different week that's for sure. It did have it's rough spots. 16 months later and it's true, I still have hard days! Life has it's ups and downs but it all depends how we react to these moments. 

Last week I forgot to mention that I am currently in a trio! I never thought I would be in one! A sister missionary returned to the mission last week. She has one year in the mission, but returned home last cycle due to personal family issues. I admire her a ton for her willingness to continue to serve the lord with all she has. It's been a transition a little bumpy just because teaching with a third person is a little different haha. we get along well and I know that the Lord wants me to learn a lot. I fasted last Sunday for humility and shortly after, President called and said we would be in trio. I know it's an opportunity to be more humble and see how I can improve. It blow my mind how much I have learned. It's so awesome!!!

This week I actually didn't spend much time with my two companions because we had our exchanges that were very much needed. I LOVE them so much. I have seen change in these sisters and I've seen change in myself. I know that God hears so many of my prayers. And even the deepest desires of my heart are answered through those around me. 

We had a our first Conference of sister missionaries this week. It was awesome not seeing any elders
All the Hermanitas in the Mission!
hahaha! Only President was there and that was something we all needed. The words that were shared were very inspired and they helped me remember who I am and the potential I have. Being with my fellow sisters is something that words cannot describe. Change is happening in every single sister missionary. At the end we all stood up and said the YW theme. The power of the spirit was strong. To stand up and say that we are daughters of a heavenly father who loves us and we love him is incredible. that is who we are. We are children of God. OF GOD!!! An eternal and powerful being whose love is infinite,  whose love was the motivation to send us His son Jesus Christ to mark the path that we should take. 

I understand more what the love of God really is. On Saturday Allison, the little 10 year old that is from a part member family, was baptized! It was just wow. She was so prepared. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was that day. I felt overwhelmed with the spirit. There were many tears of happiness. to see this family go from way less active to super active in the church is more than I could ever ask for. It was a rescue trip. Not only for them, but also for us. they hold a special place in my heart.

My dear family and friends, I love you soooo much. I know this is the true church. When we share our testimonies, the same testimony grows and is strengthened. there is always hope. Never give up on those that have wandered from the path. Christ leaves the 99 for the 1 lost sheep and carries that one home. have a great week!!! LOTS OF LOVE AND PRAYERS!!!!!
Hermana Cross

My Mission Posterity!
Intercambios....we climbed a bunch of stairs, so of
course it was necessary to take a selfie ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment