Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Miracles

I hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Christmas! I know I sure did! It was amazing. Seriously. amazing. It was such a blessing to talk with my family. A little strange to realize it was my last call and that I'm getting close to the end. Nothing to be worried about because that's just how life goes! I want to share just a few experiences that we had this week. And I don't think words can truly describe the blessing and miracles that are constantly happening in the world around us. All I can say is God is good.

This week it was very hard to find people. Everyone seems to leave and go on vacation. It kind of leaves us with the last option. Contact. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE contacting. It's soooo awesome to talk with a bunch of people. But after many contacts I wanted to hear another answer besides "Yes of course....but in January." On Christmas Eve it was a little worse. We thought hard about what we should do and then LIGHT BULB. We decided to sing to our contacts. we did just that and the people hesitantly said "umm sure." As we were in the middle of the street or outside of a house singing a small Christmas hymn their eyes filled with tears. Not only theirs but ours as well. Their hearts were softened and accepted to have us return or visit them. Music really does not only touches the heart, but PENETRATES the heart.

Christmas day was an absolute hands down miracle. A few days early we were contacting (as I mentioned earlier) and asking a guy where a street was. We gave him a card about "light the world" and as we did so a girl walked by and then turned around asking to have a card. She said she was looking for a Jehovah's Witness church but asked when we have out meetings. We told her and she agreed to go and said we would see her outside of a store at 10:45am. 

Okay we kind of blew that one off and kept going. So on Sunday, we went to the store but to see another investigator...who didn't show. BUT this contact was there! she kept her word! So we all went to church. Nancy really really REALLY liked the sacrament meeting. After, we showed her the baptismal font. Before showing her the font, we explained the baptism of Jesus. My companion mentioned that we will have a baptism service on the 21st of January. We didn't even invite her and she said "Yes. I want to be baptized on the 21st. Im in your hands. Mold me." 

 A TRUE MIRACLE!!! And after, she said the word that penetrated her heart in sacrament meeting was "Restoration." I could hardly breath. I am AMAZED at the miracles God has prepared for us.Sometimes  I don't feel like I'm humble enough to be part of such a huge miracle but God surprises us and gives us all a chance!! I am soooo grateful for the work of the Lord. He prepares people every day to receive this gospel. Sometimes we have to look for them and sometimes they come to us. The call is clear. "Come and follow me" 

I know this church is true. I know it is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. He is our savior and loves us ALL. I have been humbled many times by the mercies of the Lord. He will make of us what he desires. What he wants is that we are happy and are perfected in His son, Jesus Christ.  He is the light and life of the World. He is the Christ, the living son of the living God. HE LIVES!!!  

I love you ALL. Thank you for always supporting me and loving me and doing incredible things!! Have a great week!!  

Hermana Cross 


Christmas Devo
Christmas Dinner - Tacos!
Second Round of Tacos!
Good mission buds!
Half the Mission together/ #thefam




No comments:

Post a Comment