Thursday, February 16, 2017

Your documents, please?

Here we are together again (well together in spirit haha)! It makes me very happy to be here writing you all again. Sometimes I don't have the words to express my weeks but I do what I can and it touches my heart to hear from others that my words inspire them. I know it is the spirit that inspires, not just my words :) 

Another normal week passed by. It sure had it's moments that were shocking and heart penetrating. If we are looking for something new everyday we will be able to find joy in this life. I believe in these days that have passed by I have felt that instead of looking for the positive aspects of me, I was looking for my imperfections. It was getting me nowhere. It only made me feel worse. I expressed such feelings to my companion after saying a prayer and I know Heavenly Father heard me and as I listened to  my companion I was reminded that I am a daughter of God with a lot of potential. Satan does not stop. He will always be there trying to tear us down, but we can brush off and get back up and just keep moving forward all thanks to the atonement of Christ! 

I not only saw this happening in my own life but also in the life of a complete stranger. Hermana Rodriguez and I were contacting in the street just like any other day. As we contacted this lady, I felt the spirit guide my words and she began to cry and apologized because we caught her at a bad moment. It amazes me that the Lord puts us in the right place at the right time. We said a prayer for her in that little street corner and I can promise you that the love of Christ is not something we wait for. If we are willing to do what He would do, we can feel love for whoever we meet wherever we may be.  

This week we also had a zone conference. It was actually my last one! I didn't even realize it until after it finished haha! But it was powerful as always. Also just a small and interesting story that happened this week. We were in a small neighborhood at night finishing up our contacts when I then saw a man on his motorcycle looking at us. I mentioned it to my companion and we continued on our bikes. Well....he followed us. So we made a right and he was in the street corner. We stopped and talked to a guy selling tamales. Thankfully, members that live in that street showed up and we told her what was happening. Turns out that guy is like the neighborhood watchman. he then showed up at the members house. Okay she chewed that guy out. Big time. Probs not the best thing to contend right? But I can't tell you how funny it was. She really protected us!! For the first time in 17 months, I was asked to show my documents. How embarrassing when I really couldn't show him anything because I'm here for a small moment without my legal documents! But the member shut him down and we got out clean haha. gotta love those members that are willing to whatever to protect the missionaries! 

Anyways, I just want to tell you all that I love you. Have a very happy Valentines day!!!! I love my family. I love my friends. I love the gospel. I love my companion. I love missionary work. I love my savior Jesus Christ and I love my Heavenly Father!!! 

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that e also love one another." (John 13:34)

Hermana Cross 💟

Also check out this Mormon message that almost made me cry :)
Horses on the lookout for the truth (ha ha)!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your mission! It has been so fun experiencing some of your good and otherwise moments. And thanks for sharing that Mormon message about love. It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete