Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Book of Mormon stories come to life!

Wow another week come and gone?! I can't believe it. I probably say that every week, but it's true! Time is something different. Today is month 2! Tell me that's not crazy. This past week felt great. Honestly just awesome. 

Last P-day we went to the Teotihuacan temples. Coolest thing ever. There is gret signficance to everything there. We hiked up one of the temples...in SKIRTS! and it was really hot haha. There are so mnay people from all over the world so when I heard a language that wasn't spanish I said, "that is definitely not the language I learned in the MTC!" Stories from the Book of Mormon just kept popping into my head. It absolutely amazes me.

Tuesday was my first time doing splits. I was scared out of my mind. It's a scary experience to do the work with another companion only at the beginning of your 3rd week. Hermana Hoopes (another american) was my companion for the day, and I learned so much. It was a great experience to work with an almost done missionary, like she finishes in the beginning of December. I really saw things in her that I want to develop, such as asking inspired questions and really listening. She let's her personality shine! Had zone conference on Thursday.It was awesome! I didn't understand every word but what I did understand was exactly what I needed. It's fun to see so many missionaries at the same time. 

We are just working hard everyday and I'm learning day by day how to forget myself and focus on the work 100%. Saturday night was a youth activity. Let me tell you, the youth here are AWESOME. They did like a theatre type thing. Each ward did a different Disney movie and acted and danced. So fun! They went all out with costumes and makeup and lights and wow. Just reminded me how fun YW's was and theatre in high school. All of it was in Spanish and that was fun to hear Disney songs in another language! They also played some "worldly" music in English. Who knew I would hear so much of it here! do have a funny experience to share with you. Dogs are a tad crazy here, running
around thinking they own the streets, right? Well, Hna Ojeda and I were leaving an appointment and a little black dog started to chase her and barking and right at her heel. Next thing I know, she jumped off her bike and was swinging her bike at the dog and stomping at it to back off. I couldn't stop laughing! No words were said but sometimes actions speak louder than words. Needless to say, the dog gave up and we went on our way. 

I'm loving it here!  Hermana Ojeda says that I sound the most American when I speak English out of her companions that were American.....I don't know what that means but as long as I don't sound too American speaking Spanish then I'm good! Oh yeah Spanish is still hard but it's coming! That was my week in a nutshell! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Hermana Cross


Hermana Guzman and I with some hippies
Carvings on steps at the temple 
Hermana Guzman, Hoopes, and Ojeda and DOMINOS PIZZA





No comments:

Post a Comment