Tuesday, November 24, 2015

María de la Luz encontró la luz de Cristo

Wow! Another week? Time doesn't slow down for anyone, does it? This week was great. Sometimes it's hard to remember what happened because what I would do in 3 days at home happens in one day here! I love it! It keeps me going and I love the feeling of being tired, because I know I worked hard that day. The best part about this week was when we had a baptism. My first one! Oh wow it was great. Maria de la Luz is an absolutely outstanding lady. She said after the baptism "I feel clean!" It's moments like that that makes me feel like I have made a difference. I know I didn't find her, but I actually ate at her house my first night in the field. I can use her as a progress scale. I didn't have a clue what she was saying when I first met her, but now, I understand so much more! The Gift of Tongues is  amazing. Hermana Maria de la Luz also wanted to pay her tithing that next Sunday too! WOW! Talk about a dedicated member! I feel very blessed to be in this area. The members are just outstanding. We have a ton of support from them, and they are always willing to accompany us on appointments. 

Like I said, Spanish is coming along. If I don't understand why they are laughing, I just laugh with them. Happiness is easy to understand. Finding new investigators has been a tad rough. We thought we found some great people, but when we returned there wasn't anyone there. That can be frustrating sometimes. Hermana Ojeda had the idea to have a companionship fast on Sunday. After we started our fast, I saw a HUGE difference. I felt the spirit more strongly. Fasting has always had a special place in my heart and testimony. 

A highlight of my week was that I had my first bike crash. I didn't get hurt, so no worries there. I just laughed because of how funny it probably looked to everyone else. You always have to find the funny things in every situation! I also ate helado frito...fried icecream. Talk about DELICIOUS!!!! 

My comp and I decided to start running in the mornings. It feels painful but very great after haha. Thanks for everything and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! I am grateful for all of you! I would say to eat a lot of food for me but everyday is like thanksgiving with the amount of food mexicans give you! 

LOVE YOU GUYS!
Hermana Cross




No comments:

Post a Comment