Tuesday, November 10, 2015

I think I'm turning Japanese....rice, rice, baby

Okay this will be a shorter letter this week, we are going to the Teotihucan ruins today!!! Wow I can't believe it's Monday. Where does the time go?! Days are sooooo long and feel like they will never end then next thing you know I'm in this little internet place writing to you all!! You may be wondering about my title this week. I'll explain now so I don't leave you wondering! If I could describe my mission in one word it would be rice. RICE RICE RICE. I have never eaten this much rice in my entire life.I love rice but holy smokes. It's like a plateful and then the main meal which has even MORE food. They really like to feed you here. Like one time I thought the soup was the main meal and ate all of it....then the sister came out with a huge plate of food. My heart stopped a little in that moment haha. Honestly eveyday is the same. It's one of the hard parts of the mission. Routine. I never knew doing the same thing daily would be hard hahaha.

We are having a hard time getting new investigators. That's just how it is sometimes. People are very nice though. I have been doing more of the contacting. (talking to people about the gospel...stopping them on the street and knocking on doors...etc).. It's fun haha Every time is probably the same but I've got to start somewhere! When we knock on doors we pretty much knock on gates becasue everyone has a gate guarding their housesWe have a couple of progressing investigators and just teaching as many people that want to hear! I feel like I'm understanding more spanish everyday so that's a bonus.

Ummm my companion got sick this week. Just a cold but I know that's it's hard to do stuff when you want to sleep. We walked a little more this week because when we have members join us we walked. and guess what?!?! I GOT SUNBURNED. Only a bit but STILL. It was actually really hot this week. The weather needs to make up it's mind haha. But I still sang christmas songs all week!

Hna Ojeda and I assisted a baptism of another ward. I was called on the spot to talk about faith and repentance. I also sang a musical number - in Spanish!  It was scary! Definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone which helped me learn a lot.

Let's see....coke in mexico is really good and had my first dr pepper after almost 2 months! wooooo! Yeah that was my week in a nutshell!! I love you all!!
 
Love,

Hna Cross
Ahhhh...a Dr Pepper - how I missed you!





No comments:

Post a Comment