Thursday, November 5, 2015

It's raining, it's pouring, and I'm on a BIKE!

HOLA!

Holy smokes this week was crazy. It was really long also but what's new?! I'll start with tuesday this week. Tuesday is when I got my new companion. It's actually funny because she was the hermana I walked around with on monday and stayed the night with. So I just brought all of my stuff back to where I was haha My companions name is Hermana Ojeda. She is from D.F. (Mexico City). She speaks english so that is a blessing...and kind of a curse because it can be hard to talk in spanish. I need to do it more though. My spanish is coming along I think. I understand probably like 35% of what's being said haha I can tell people where I'm from and how long I've been here because thats the #1 question I get asked. Slowly but surely I will get there! 

I'm on a bike. I AM RIDING A BIKE IN MY AREA. I never thought that would happen. I guess
On a bike - maybe a boat would be better?
there are quite a few areas here that have bikes. Its not that hard in a skirt as I thought. But roads are really bad. Like pot holes everywhere. It feels like I'm mountain biking all the time haha. It rains a lot here. And when I say rain I mean dumps rain. The streets get flooded and mud splashes everywhere. Oh man it's a hoot haha I usually am wet for the whole day pretty much but that's okay! One day this week (thursday maybe?) it rained so hard. It felt like a hurricane was a brewin but we are completely land locked so that's not even possible. But anyway, water was up to my calves. I was wearing rainboots but water somehow managed to get in. The streets looked like a river. I swear if I connected a tube to a car , I could just go tubing haha. My companion said it felt like we were kayaking  (spelling idk) on bikes. We needed to get out of the rain so we went to a recent converts home. We were soaking wet but she was such a saint for letting us in.  Rain or shine we are serving the Lord! 
It's raining, it's pouring....

I'm in an area called Los Pinos. The members here are great. They feed us everyday! I love some of the food and some is really really gross. The food is kind of taking my stomach for a whirl. There are people who sell really good bread on the street. That's a dream. Hmmm that's all I got on that.

I had training stuff on friday. My mission president is really big about being exactly obedient. It's understandable though. I saw Hna Haddock (my ccm comp) and it was great. I miss her!! I bore my testimony in church on sunday! People thought it was my 2nd area but let's be honest, my testimony is like the only thing I can for sure say with confidence lol. We watched a relief society activity. A lot of them sang and bless their hearts because they do not have an ear for pitch hahaha! Halloween doesn't matter here and also Dia de los muertos isn't that big in this area. many people leave town. 

Today I went to walmart! It was crazy busy. Like more than a saturday at walmart in america. Oh how I love walmart.

That's pretty much my week! It's moving kind of slow but it's chill. I just smile and laugh when the mexicans do haha! Have a great week! Love you all!!!!

P.S. - oh also  dogs run wild here. I have never been more scared of dogs in my life haha


Hna Cross

Bus Station!
Her First Companion - Hermana Ojeda
Look..a Walmart!
Handwashing...new experience

No comments:

Post a Comment