Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Goodbye thanksgiving, hello Christmas!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!! I heard that it snowed! Wow that's so crazy to think about because I swear it just keeps getting hotter here! Thanksgiving was like any other Thursday here. I didn't even feel like it was thanksgiving. Anyway, I hope the turkey was great :)

I've been trying to think about what happened this week for the past few days. It went by slower than the past weeks. This is the start of week 6 in the field. My first cycle in the mission is almost over...which means I'm almost half way done with training...that is absolutely scary! I really don't feel ready to go out on my own (figuratively because I'm always with a companion of course haha). This week we taught many lessons to people who seemed interested. But always they turn us down. It's okay though because we planted the seed and that's all that matters!

I taught English on Wednesday. Okay totally thought it would be easy but nope! We taught her how to pray in English because you know, we are missionaries. I haven't prayed aloud in English in a very very VERY long time. It sounded so foreign. I was shocked that my own language could sound weird. I'm really enjoying learning and speaking Spanish. I'm not pro that's for sure but I can see a difference. We knocked on a house that was decked out for Christmas and when I introduced us and shared a little, she said that my Spanish was good!!! BEST FEELING EVER. Honestly made my day. Everyday has a small spiritual experience, even if it's as simple as noticing the blue sky or talking to a  simple contact.

We contacted a bus on Sunday. First time doing that! We just stood in the front and talked to everyone in general. That was really cool. Church is my favorite. It's always great to partake of the sacrament and learn more!

Today we went to Wal-Mart again and ate at a pizza buffet. It was like America! Hna Ojeda started decorating our casa for Christmas because tomorrow is December! WOW! Can't believe that 2015 is almost over! Anyway this week was good because the mission is good :)


Have a great first week of December everyone! Oh and fun fact, I saw a horse on someone's patio. that's absolutely out of the ordinary here :) 

LOVE YOU ALL

Hermana Cross



No comments:

Post a Comment