Monday, December 14, 2015

Building the Kingdom of God

Wow this week was so great everyone. I don't know why because we did the norm like everyday BUT I think the little spiritual experiences just made the week fantastic! I know it may seem a little boring if I go day by day but that is honestly the easiest way for me to think of what happened ha ha. 

Okay so Tuesday nothing was crazy exciting. We helped one of our recent converts with putting up Christmas stuff in her house. She is just the sweetest old lady ever. She is like another grandma here and seriously like family. Man I just love old people. Wednesday...oh we had a lesson with another recent convert and her Christian friend was over so it was teaching a new investigator. Anyway, this friend of hers starts talking about how the book of Mormon has incorrect stuff and just was bashing a bit. Nothing that hasn't happened before but I was really worried that our recent convert would believe all the stuff. Then she said the closing prayer and in her prayer she said "I know the book of Mormon is true with all of my heart." TALK ABOUT A TRUE CONVERT. That moment was just like WOOOO.  

We have new progressing investigators and that just feels great. The members are a tremendous help. Always. So for all of you members out there, we really enjoy your help so thank you :) We just had lessons on Thursday but after our nightly companion prayer, A SPIDER FELL FROM THE CEILING ONTO MY PILLOW. That was absolutely terrifying.  Friday we only had 2 lessons. That was rough. But the sky was super cool so that's a bonus. Literally the sunset every night here is incredible and beautiful. Saturday...ha ha the funny experience of this day was we had a member with us but we had to get from one edge of our area to another super fast, so the member used my bike and I stood on the pegs of my companions bike. I wish I had a picture but unfortunately no. It was a childhood memory come true! 

And as for Sunday, the dedication of the Tijuana, Mexico temple. this is why my title is Building the kingdom of God. Wow the dedication was WONDERFUL. Temples are the best thing on the planet. The talks and everything were just wow. I miss the temple for sure. They are truly the house of the Lord. President Uchtdorf said the dedicatory prayer. It was nice to hear it in English and then the translator well translated hahaha. Man yeah it was just a great spiritual experience :) 

And lastly, today Hna Ojeda and I went to a mall because she wanted to buy a new skirt. It was so weird ha ha I heard a lot of Christmas music so that was fun! Also it feels really awkward to walk around in church clothes in a mall where everyone looks normal. Anyway, that was my week!! Love you all and have a great one!

Hermana Cross

A look-in to the apartment
A look-in to the apartment - the study area!

A day at the mall!


No comments:

Post a Comment