Monday, December 14, 2015

Christians, Catholics, and Mormons OH MY!

[Posted a week late - letter is from Monday, Dec 7, 2015]

Okay everyone I apologize in advance that my emails are getting shorter and less exciting ha-ha Really the work is the same everyday. We wake up and do the usual studying and training until noon. 

Today is the start of a new cycle. Each cycle is 6 weeks. Since I'm in training I don't have cambios (transfers). I'm really glad about that but it blows my mind that I'm starting my second half of training! It's December so that's absolutely wonderful! I love December! Christmas is just around the corner! Speaking of which, there is a new Christmas video out on www.mormon.org/christmas you all should take the 2 minutes and watch! Know why we celebrate Christmas :) All of the streets are starting to have Christmas lights. Oh how I LOVE IT! The Christmas trees too :) 

Right now with the work we don't have really any progressing investigators. We have one who was supposed to be baptized and confirmed this week but she's just having troubles with some of the commandments. It breaks your heart a little when you see them so close and then just fall a little. She still wants to get baptized and it totally awesome so we are just working towards that goal so she can work towards the ultimate goal: eternal life! 

Instead of our regular district meeting we had zone training. That was so fun! It's really great to be with a ton of missionaries and learn what we need to do better. I really learned about being consecrated to the work. Sometimes it's easy to think all about ourselves, but when we think about others and serve, we can find true happiness! A lot of people we meet are either catholic or christian and they aren't always the biggest fan of us ha-ha It's all good though! It is what is is :) 

The members are still awesome. We eat with them everyday and always have someone to accompany us. Fast Sunday was just grand! And with the Christmas devo it was better! I mean it was all in Spanish but the songs weren't so that was great! Oh man I can't wait for Christmas!! Any way, I hope your December has started off wonderful!! I love you all and thanks so much for your love and support!!!

Hermana Cross

ps sorry no pics this week. Literally took zero...oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment