Friday, January 8, 2016

Goal of the year: become a Mexican

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! wow can you believe it's 2016? I can officially say I'll be home next year.
Ahhh that gives me the hibbey jibbies. So weird. It's weird to think that so many of my friends will be finishing their missions this year too! Crazy how fast time flies. And even faster on the mission. To be honest the last week of 2015 I don't remember a lot haha. Just finished the year working hard and having lessons and such! 

An ex-missionary came with us in a lesson. Like he just got home. I always feel judged when they come with us when they are fresh out of the mish. hehe oh well it's nice to have their help. On Wednesday we had interviews with president. Just small check up interviews. It was super good. He's a great man. He has lots of insight on life haha. I'm super nervous that I'm going to have to train next cycle (well 2 cycles if yes). He helped me realize that the Lord doesn't have limitations. He will give us these challenges to help us learn and grow. These challenges will stretch us but God will never leave us to drown in our challenges. Thanks to the atonement we can be strong from our weaknesses. New Year's eve. We pretty much did the same thing like the other days. We ate twice that day so more food than usual but that's mexico for ya! That family was super nice! We had a small family home evening with them and talked about our year and just the upcoming year because that's what you do the last day of the year. Doesn't matter if your on a mission or not, you always talk about what happened and what will happen this year :) 

Like I said last week, my year was well good! Sometimes it's hard to reflect on that much time. In our district meeting that morning we talked about the success and challenges of 2015 and goals for this year as people, members and missionaries. It was good to look back at the success and the challenges. For me, it brings hope and the realization that every  year has it's ups and downs but if we focus on Christ, well those problems just become highlights of the year. The time we grew the most. Back to the new years eve hehe. We just ate and nothing traditional. It's really whatever is your favorite food.
And I did tell the fam on Skype that I like salad now. So for everyone out there that knew me premish and my dislike for salad...well say hello to salad loving Hna Cross! I had a lot of it this week. Yay for feeling healthy! We had sparklers so that was super great. that night Hna Ojeda and I set our alarm for 11:50....but when it went off we said "happy new year" and went back to sleep. We were going to eat our 12 grapes in a minute because that's a tradition here but we were too tired haha welcome to the mission. We ate them the next day at noon during our weekly planning instead. Let me tell you. It is not easy to eat 12 grapes in a minute. Nothing more was super exciting this week. 

OH WAIT. Yeah one of our investigators,who is super great and awesome...baptism this month hopefully, said before he met us he had a dream with me in it. that's why he accepted us because he thought he met me before. WHAT SO COOL. The lord prepares people in various way but that by far is the coolest one I've heard. Any way, I hope your new year has started great and make goals and make every moment count!! Love you!

New year, new me #2016
Hermana Cross




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Hermana Cross! I'm sending you some interesting stories that I send to all "my missionaries" - grand-nieces and nephews, kids from our ward and stake. Hope they will be helpful, motivating, inspirational or even just interesting for you. Enjoyed reading your blogs. I can tell you will be/are being an awesome missionary! Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete