Friday, January 8, 2016

Heartburn with a dash of Chili

Well, Christmas has passed and we are already on the start of the last week of 2015. How is that even possible? I have no clue. What is time? I think about what I did this year and it looks a little like this: finished freshman year of college (GO AGGIES), worked at a call center and prepared for the mission, and went to mexico/started the mission. That was my year in a nutshell. My new years goals? I don't remember them. That is definitely something I'm going to work on for 2016. Writing down my new years goals and actually completing them. 

Anyway, this week was just great. The only days that stuck out to me were well christmas eve and the days following. Oh wait...as I'm looking at my journal tuesday was good too haha. Tuesday I didnt have time to read my emails because LDS everything had probs last week. So I printed the email from mom and dad. I was reading it that night and the last line said I could open my packages and decide which presents to open immediately or wait....but let's be honest here. I opened ALL of them that night. I didn't hesitate to go at it with my companion. Shout out to the best parents in the world!!!!! Seriously just made my life :) Before all of that, we helped prepare food with our convert Maria de la Luz. Just the cutest old lasdy. She was explaining to me how to make a certain food just like grandmas do. I didnt understand but I could feel the love. Christmas eve was super chill. At first we didn't have any plans for dinner because here Christmas eve is better than Christmas day. They start fiestas at 10pm and finish at 6am Christmas morning. Talk about Christmas cheer! We helped a family prepare their food for christmas and that made the day feel like a holiday. Then after working hard with the food, THEY INVITED US TO EAT!!!! Christmas miracle right there. It was so fun to eat with a family and hear the christmas music. 

Then....CHRISTMAS!!!! Oh wow just the best day in the world! First of all, we had district meeting so I was with a ton of missionaries. Then we did some service. We helped paint a roof of a members house. I love painting so it was a super fun service project. Not that other service is bad but I liked this one a lot. We ate with that family and just had a
good time. We had a couple hours of work time. No one is out and about and I was just super pumped to SKYPE. That was great. Wow yeah I can't explain how happy I was. Super awesome to see the fam and just laugh and talk- I LOVE my family so much. What a blessing it is to have families. The following day we did more service in the night! We went to a hospital and gave hot chocolate and cookies to those waiting outside. They cant wait in the building if their loved one is in a super critical condition. It's sad to see other people sad. It really is like the scripture that says mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort. (Mosiah 17:8-9) Sunday we had 2 investigators and the work is progressing more! And today we just cleaned and shopped and at pizza with other hermanas like usual haha.

Oh I almost forgot to mention why my title is what it is hahaha When you have heart burn it hurts a bit right? Well when you eat chile...and a lot of very spicy salsa earlier in the day...heart burn feel like your throat is going to melt it is very very painful. Like the burn is more than I can describe. Probably the most thrilling experience haha


I hope you have a great week and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Love
Hermana Cross







No comments:

Post a Comment