Saturday, January 30, 2016

Training overload

Okay everyone. I survived my first week as a trainer. And there has been a ton of training. That was my week. First of all I am a mom. Who knew being a parent was so much responsibility? hehe Shout out to all the real parents out there. Tuesday was our first full day together, my new comp and I. It was stange not going to lie. Well in reality it felt like intercambios for a day and I would be seeing Hna Ojeda again....but nope haha.  I actually contacted all of the people that day. I am not a HUGE fan of contacting but I saw the reason we do it. We had about 3 unplanned lessons and some new investigators that we found this week. I guess talking to everyone is a good idea. Wednesday was pretty dang slow. We had little to no lessons. When we aren't teaching the day is like turtle slow.  I remember in the beginning that I didn't want to teach because my brain was tired from not knowing what to say and understand but now I just want to teach every hour! Oh but the good thing about Wednesday is that we had a world wide missionary training. So all of my friends that are serving and my cousins that are serving watched the same training...as long as their internet was working haha. It was super good. They talked about how we teach repentance and baptize converts. The main thing that stuck out to me was Elder Bednar. He taught how really the Spirit is essential. Without this member of the Godhead, we wouldn't have a true understanding of the gospel. The spirit testifies of the truth and through Him, we can gain more knowledge. I feel like Elder Bednar could be the Prophet so keep your eyes out for him.  Thursday was more training. 

my comp hna meza and I and our chicken
Seriously so much training. This time was with the trainers and the trainees. So weird to think I was in the same spot just 3 months earlier. I learned my responsibility as a trainer and seriously we are the example in all aspects. Words and actions. How we teach, how we abbreviate, how we eat, how we share scriptures, how we do everything. It's like a mini me...just from Honduras haha Weekly planning on Friday flew by but it was hard planning and explaining at the same time. Poco a poco I will figure it out. We ate hamburgers for lunch and all I can say is I could really use some In n Out. Saturday we worked all day and found more people! There are some weird people out there...like random dudes that think it's okay to use the bathroom in a field that everyone walks through....like isn't that illegal? who knows haha anyway,  We didn't eat with a  member for lunch  but she brought us food. And not just for lunch but just to have at our house. How great our members?!?! Super great. 

And finally Sunday. Wow what a crazy Sunday. We went to 3 church services. 8, 10 and ours at 12. We thought an investigator would come at 8 but sadly no. BUT our investigator who has been progressing and not progressing for the past 3 months came to church which means her baptism should be FRIDAY!!! Oh how I am praying like crazy that this time it's official. And after all our church services, we taught an investigator who should be getting baptized the first week of February. Everything is really great right now. I'm loving the mission and loving the chance to learn from my hija and become the trainer and missionary that God wants me to be. I love you all so much and thanks for everything!!

love
Hermana Cross

PS GO BRONCOS! Really happy that they are headed for the Superbowl. Our recent convert kept me posted on all that went down haha love these people

My new agenda
A family of our ward who are super super great


No comments:

Post a Comment