Friday, November 11, 2016

La Catrina

What another wonderful week in the Lord's work. Nothing makes me happier! Today was our day of cambios. Can you believe 6 weeks has gone by?! I'm not going to lie when I tell you I am SOOOO happy that we didn't have cambios. More time with my compaƱerita :) We have so much work we still need to do. Together. This week went by incredibly fast and I almost don't remember what happened! How crazy is that?!

This week we had a new baptismal date! WOOOHOO!! I feel like I haven't had a new investigator in church for sooo long. I almost forgot what an absolute joy it brings to the heart. It's a younger kid who just wow. Is amazing. Reads everything and always says YES! Music to my ears! He doesn't just say it, he does it.

I also have been thinking in how wonderful missions are because I have met sooo many people that have become big parts of my life. My own companion is one of them. I am always amazed at the hard work and dedication she gives. Really. I  am beyond blessed. Heavenly Father really knows what I need and for how long (yay another cycle together! she's teaching me how to dance so look out world!)  Also I have made great buddies in my district and it's sad to have change but change is good right?

Also, I learned that true love does exist. Maybe not in the romantic way. Definitely not hahaha. I learned that true love means developing Christ like love. His love is real. His love never ends. His love is for everyone. And, especially in this week, we saw our investigator after a long time without seeing her. I was immediately over come with the same feeling when we said our first prayer with her. A feeling of love. The love God gives to her. Its beautiful. Everything is beautiful in the world. We just have to open our eyes a little more. Maybe not with our physical eyes, but our spiritual eyes. Sometimes we fail to find the flower hidden under the weeds and thorns. There will always be hard moments. That will never change. But if there are hard moments, there a million more great and happy moments :) And yeah there was a moment that Hna Pineda and I thought "Did we do all we could this month?" And we both said no. But very quickly we told Satan NO and to get out of our minds! We made a plan to knock on every door in our area. Its very possible in the area I'm in. We are ready to go!!!

This week was Dia de los Muertos. I invite you to look up the story of La Catrina...I actually really don't know it haha. But I've never heard my name so much in a very long time haha. I'm basically Mexican guys.
The mission is great. Love the work. Love the Lord. Love you all :)

Hna "La Catrina" Cross

A little more info she sent:
Guess what? I'm going to be a great grandma! my grand daughter is going to train! and my other daughter will have a daughter. WOW My family is growing! :')

The missionaries going home had the chance to go to the temple. The FIRST group. There's hope for me to go!! A never before moment.


Matchy!
My Buds
My Daughters!
Pan de Muerto
Una Ofrenda
Beautiful Sunset
Missionaries going home and to the Temple!
Bye bye old good old companions :(


No comments:

Post a Comment