Sunday, October 18, 2015

1 month,2 temple trips, 3 sick missionaries

The blue skies really bring out the beauty!
GUESS WHAT?! I went to the temple AGAIN. Wow it was so awesome going for a second time while in the CCM. Who would have thought I would get such an awesome blessing! This time the skies were blue so my pictures of the temple look way better. Oh man I can't explain how much I love the temple. such a great feeling of peace and happiness. This time there were about 54 missionaries. so since the majority were americans and spoke english, the session was in english! it was really nice having that :)

Tomorrow is my one month in Mexico! I have been here 4 weeks but 30 days is tomorrow. I seriously can't believe it. It feels like the longest month of my life but at the same time really really really slow. I leave here a week from monday. Hermana Shumway left this past monday and it's so weird not seeing her all the time haha BUT a friend from high school just arrived last night and so that's fun! alright guys sorry this letter will most likely be super short because nothing out of the ordinary happened.

 Friday and Saturday were the usual. Except since Sunday was fast sunday, we started our fast right after lunch on saturday. usually I would think about how hungry I am and how I just want water, but we are constantly doing something that preoccupies my mind so it wasn't a problem at all! Fast sunday was so good! I gave my testimony in spanish, and a little english because I'm not a spanish expert YET. key word yet haha. Spanish is not easy, that is a fact. As a district we have been trying to go solo espaƱol but it is so hard. Our teachers keep telling us that we aren't reaching out full potential and that we have hit a plateau in our learning and are getting too comfortable. i can see where they are coming from....it's just so hard! BUT the language is not the most important in the work. this work is all about the Savior and love.  

Everyday here is a gorgeous day! It seriously is my ideal temperature. Heavenly Father knows me well :) A district from my zone left this week as well. they were all going stateside, which is totally awesome. That being said, My companion and I have been called as Sister Training Leaders....that means we help the sisters in our zone with whatever they need and be that example for them! Pretty cool! not a huge responsibility in the CCM but I'm still grateful for the opportunity. 

I may have mentioned before that we teach fake investigators (all in spanish every time...they are around 20 minutes each). that is still going really well and I learn something during every lesson what I can improve and how I can fix it. On wednesday nights though, we do this activity called TRC,. What we do is talk with REAL PEOPLE. like people from outside of these walls. they speak really fast but it's so awesome to get a taste of people who aren't creating a background story. they are telling their true experiences. They can either be investigators, less active members, or members. all volunteers. it's my absolute favorite part here.  

The ccm is great but when one person gets sick, every one gets sick. thankfully my companion and I didn't get the stomach bug that was floating around, but 3 of the Elders in our district got it. And then also the 2 sisters that share the room with us. a true miracle that I didn't get it! now everyone is better and back to the norm. 

I can't believe this upcoming week is my last week in the CCM. Time is just flying by! I couldn't be happier :)

I love you all so much and thanks for your thoughts and prayers!!!


Hermana Cross

Temple Round 2

Love Hermana Diaz! (Center- CCM Night Teacher)
District 11A with our night teacher Hermana Diaz
This is when we were all at the airport flying to mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment