Sunday, October 11, 2015

#ldsconf


It feels like forever since I emailed but in reality it has only been a day longer. My Pday has been moved to Thursday which is okay....I really liked Wednesday but it is what it is! General Conference was over the weekend and it was absolutely AMAZINGGGGGG!!!!!! I hope you all enjoyed it! I will give you my highlights of what really stuck out to me and also just random facts of my week! And just to start, all of the sessions were in English :)

Today we left the CCM AGAIN! this time for immigration. We need to renew out visas because the
ones we got were only temporary. they just took our fingerprints and they just had to point and use gestures so that we knew what to do haha We actually saw the nice part of the city! I guess the CCM
is in the ghetto. Also it really stinks outside right now. There are these things called stink towers that let out the stench of the sewer. Literally smells like poop. very gross hahaha. Hna haddock and I ran outside for gym time. the first time running was TERRIBLE. I didn't think the elevation would make a difference but my lungs were screaming. Then I ran a mile yesterday and felt like I was on top of the world! Hmmm oh I had to get a tetanus booster shot because I guess mine wasn't sufficient? Idk. they made me say the Missionary objective in spanish and English. It was hard for me to know it in English haha I didn't really try to ever memorize it in English...oops! I received a
package from my awesome parents this week. It seriously made my life! I got a little slip and seriously hollered "oh yay my mom loves me and i love her!!!" And in it was oreo everything. yay oreos! I ate a salad this week. If you know me well, you would know I hate salad. I was so proud of myself haha. An elder in a new district is from FOCO! that was super neat to talk to someone from colorado.  Those are pretty much the highlights.

A lot of you have asked about my classes. They are great! I would say it's 80% gospel and 20% language or as Hna haddock says "100% gospel in the spanish language." it can be really hard. We teach fake investigators to help us learn how to teach. Yesterday Hna Haddock and I actually skyped with a real person! He was a member but we got to teach him and share a thought! made me super excited to leave here and go to pachuca!

I have a ton to day about General Conference so here it all is!

Saturday Sessions:
President Uchtdorf's talks are always so great. He is  such a wonderful man. I loved that he said  "Exaltation is our goal. Discipleship is our journey." He reminded us that being disciple doesn't have to be complicated, but to find the simplicity in Christ. I have really seen that in my time here at the CCM. We know a very small amount of spanish, but it can be used to our advantage because we teach the doctrine is the most simple way we can. Simplicity is bliss. Larry R. Lawrence. I definitely think out of all the sessions, his talk is at the top of my list. The main thing that stuck out to me was that the Holy Ghost gives us customized answers. He tells us what we need to hear in the way we understand. And sometimes we need to ask Heavenly Father "what can I improve? what is keeping me from improving?" and every time the Holy Ghost will tell you. We have to be willing to act when we receive the answer though. Jeffery R Holland. I love his talks. He doesn't sugar coat what needs to be said. He compared a mothers love to the Savior's love. boy is he right! Just a HUGE shout out to my awesome loving mom and for being the best example to me :) love you!


General Women's Broadcast
Super awesome but General Conference hit me more so I'm not going to really focus on this part :)

Sunday Session
I LOVE the prophet. you can see as he talks that he is the true prophet of God. it's sad to see that he is getting weaker as he gets older, but his faith is never ending :) Devin C Durrant. I loved that he said to pick a scripture and "ponderize." We are doing that as a district and a companionship. The scripture that I really enjoy and if you would like to "ponderize" on it, it is Alma 32:21 in The Book of Mormon.  Another quote that hit me was from Allen D Haynie when he said "The Savior's atonement leaves no traces or tracks...it just heals." It doesn't matter at what stage in life you are, repentance will always work. it's also a reminder that we need to repent daily, not only when we do something crazy.

General conference was seriously so good. I loved being in the CCM and seeing all of us just receiving the personal revelation we needed. I hope if you had a question, that you received it!!!

Love you all and I pray for you daily!

Hermana Cross

P.S. - we asked Katrina how the language is coming and she wrote the following:
"I guess one night I slept talk spanish haha I try to go over spanish words before bed so they are in my mind :)"
Sharing the Oreo Love with her district!




No comments:

Post a Comment