Saturday, October 3, 2015

Beyond the Compound



Holy cow has it really been 2 weeks?!?! Time is soooo fast no joke! Life here is.....well it's the same thing everyday. Not even kidding you. We have a schedule so that we can make sure to use time wisely because they have said all this week that "this isn't your time, it's the Lord's time." And they are right! I have learned so much more this week about my calling to be a missionary and it has really opened up my eyes. Being a missionary is AWESOME but it's hard no doubt. 

Highlights of my week:

Sunday of course was the best. I gave the prayer (in spanish) for the second week in a row! I think I'm getting pretty pro at praying in spanish....but that's about it haha That night we had our little movie time and we wathced The Testaments. WOW SO GOOD. I encourage you all to watch it.  It really hit me hard when Christ visited the Americas and seriously it was just wonderful. 

Monday was relaxed because we watched elder Richard G Scott's funeral service. It was nice to see a taste of the states live. The service was beautiful. It was really nice just to listen to the stories of him and how great his life was. When they brought in the casket, I loved seeing all of us missionaries stand up in the CCM. truly powerful.

Tuesday was pizza night so that's note worthy haha :) oh and I sang in the ccm choir with Hma haddock. oh how I miss choir!

TODAYYYYY WAS AWESOMMMEEE!!!!! WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE!!!!! I REPEAT WE LEFT THE COMPOUND AND WENT TO THE TEMPLE!!! :) :) :)

Oh my it was so awesome to get a taste of the outside world. Mexico is just wow. It is so hard to explain in words. there are like 12 million people in Mexico city and you can sure tell. There are gates or walls around almost everything. Driving is chaos. there are people walking between cars, motorcycles with 5 people on them zig zaggin between cars. I'm really grateful for america that's for sure! The temple. man I have never been more excited in my life. It was awesome. The city is crazy and then the moment I walked into the temple there was just peace. I saw my favorite painting right when I walked in too. I'll try to find a picture and attach it :) If I can't find one, it's of Christ and 2 lamanite little girls. its gorgeous. We listened with translator headphones. I really do love to see the temple <3

OH to answer some questions you might have had about the guns or firework debate, we asked our teachers and this is what they told us. 99% of the time they are fireworks. Idk why Mexicans like to shoot them off at every hour of the day but they do. If it is a gun shot, it is because it symbolizes someones death, not someone actually being shot. I mean that could happen but most likely not haha 

I have taken up mentos because I miss gum like crazy.  and I think that's about it! I am so excited to see General conference this weekend! make sure you all tune in! We also are watching the recorded General Womens Broadcast so I have no idea what was said last week. all of it will be in english thank goodness!!

Love you all!

Hermana Cross

P.S, Katrina sent another email; we rode in a CCM bus :) roads are bumpy and just crazy! Also fun fact: the mexico city temple is one of 5 temples that the angel moroni is holding the golden plates!



Scary,crazy traffic!

Oh I love to see the Temple!

One of Five holding the Golden Plates

With her companion and sisters in another district

Katrina and her companaion



No comments:

Post a Comment